SDC fun in Vic last week

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a bit of fun last week with borrowed SDC in the days before the Laanacoorie gold bash.

Over 8 hours, 41 tiny bits for 2.17 grams in total. About 30 of them came from the one spot (One square metre) and recovered in three hours.

Each time I dug a bit out, there was another signal. There was a good size hole at the end of it -- but I backfilled it in about two minutes, so that something might be still there if I get back. :)

I've brought some dirt home to pan to see what I may have missed. I guess I will need an electron microscope for that.

The SDC is an amazing machine on small gold.

And certainly fun.

The area was totally flogged and GPX5000 with sadie could not raise a target on the spot. :(

That sounds like a nice little patch mate, I would take the dry blower back to that spot and dig it all up and process it, surely there is going to be plenty of fines in that little spot.

Wow, that's a great little patch you found there. super jealous and impressive work with the sdc. Those tiddlers sure add up!

Latest posts