SD2100 or SPP

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Feel free to enlighten me on which you would have. Time for a pi the question is which one? Mate has the SD up first option is mine but at roughly the same outlay it's hard to choose. Lessons on the sd thrown in of course. Any help deciding would be great.

That's a tough one' probably Par on small gold but SD goes deeper on larger targets, SPP works close or in town' SD won't. SPP easy to set up and carry not to mention warranty. SD proven gold finder but SPP has a lot of catching up' would I give the SPP to the wife to use ? Yes. The SD? No way as I'd always be adjusting it for her.

SPP... They actually compare very well, however as Zuke said.... the SPP is basically switch on, balance and go..

The SD is basically a grumpy old man, switch it on, balance (pain in the arse) (tune 'if required') pain in the arse.. but once it gets going its more sensitive in my experience than the SPP, though I've only had about 10 hours with the SPP so far..

that said, get the SPP! Warranty is gold!

The main thing i like over the two is the weight difference. Having to lug that heavy battery around and constantly attached to the detector like an umbilical cord. :)

Roscoe said:
The main thing i like over the two is the weight difference. Having to lug that heavy battery around and constantly attached to the detector like an umbilical cord. :)

Its sounds good, until the batteries go flat on the SPP :( well at least that's my experience, 4 hours and i had to switch battery packs.. but.. I'll actually change my above statement, I actually think the SPP has the of edges on the 2100 in regards to sensitivity to smaller targets..

2200D or v2, 3000, extreme, 3500.. all good options, if you wanna spend a bit more.. but for what you get for the $1195 of the SPP, it really isn't worth going back to the older ML machines.

Seems like those after market Lithium battery packs for the SPP fixes that? :)

Roscoe said:

Really?? That's good news, I'm running mine of 8x Rechargable 1.2v AA's.. battery life isn't great..

I'll have to get on goldsearch and order myself a couple...

Rnd 3100 rechargeable pack is meant to be the best
Iv noticed them on eBay $150 inc charger.

I am using rnb batteries in my spp and they are great charge in 2 hrs from 240v or 12v, as comparing a 2100 to a spp the spp runs soother easer to keep in ground balance and you can use near power line regards john :)

old hand said:
I am using rnb batteries in my spp and they are great charge in 2 hrs from 240v or 12v, as comparing a 2100 to a spp the spp runs soother easer to keep in ground balance and you can use near power line regards john :)

Exactly the reason the SPP is the better option...

LazyTrommel said:
Roscoe said:

Really?? That's good news, I'm running mine of 8x Rechargable 1.2v AA's.. battery life isn't great..

I'll have to get on goldsearch and order myself a couple...

I'm selling 2900 mah AA NiMH's. Let me know if you want to try out a set. Can do mates rates ;)

Latest posts