Saying G'day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saying g'day.
Been around on other forums and good to see the format of this one and a few friendly names from other forums.
Do my digging around Northern NSW and West and SE of Warwick and the odd bit in Japan.
Like my Gold and gemstones.

welcome to the forum elrodeo...good to see more guys chasing gemstones as well as gold and coins...looks like you've traveled far and wide in pursuit of this great hobby.....keen to know what you were chasing in Japan...??? Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Wal, I lived over there for about 12 plus years and go back quite often on business.
Dabbled in selling opals ,pearls and crystals but got the gold bug when back in Oz and have been fossicking around an old abandoned Gold mine in northern Japan.
Think Alaska type conditions, big snow, big melts and nobody has gone near the old mine in decades since it shut down in the 60's.
We test panned last Japanese summer and took out 4 tonne of dirt in December but temps down to -20c made panning anything impossible so heading back in August with a new highbanker and spend a few weeks and see what we get.
So far what we found has been very promising.

Sounds like a lot of fun...be sure to keep us all informed with how you go when your next over there.....instead of watching ..gold rush Alaska ..we might be watching ..gold rush Japan. best of luck....Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks mate.
Had plenty of enjoyment and great tips from your videos.
Always look forward to them