Rotisserie Chicken Kebabs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I tried this rotisserie chicken kebab the other night and it was fantastic! I thought i would share with you all! All that is required is a rotisserie, a bag of heat beads and a few cans to watch it turn over! A great campong recipe to impress your mates!

Ingredients
10 chicken thigh fillets
2 large tomatoes
2 large onions

Baste/Marinade
Good squirt of honey
Tble spoon soy sauce
2 tble spoons mustard
2 tble spoons olive oil

Method
1. Light heatbeads - enough to well and truly cover bottom of rotisserie
2. Mix all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and combine until it forms a runny paste. Set 1/4 aside to baste meat as it cooks.
3. Put chicken thigh fillets into a large bowl and mix marinade thru chicken until it is well coated. Rest in fridge for 30 mins.
4. Chop tomatoes in half and onions into qtrs so they can be threaded onto the rotisserie iron
5. Thread chicken, tomatoes and onion in intervals onto rotisserie iron until all ingredients are on
6. Cook your food on the rotisserie for approximately 1.5 - 2 hours. Baste meat as it cooks regularly.
7. Serve meat inside pita bread with your choice of salad with garlic sauce and enjoy!

P.S - I have found an adventure such as this can be a 6 can trip just watching it cook!

Before, during and after pics attached below. Note pic number 2 - it isnt burning, its the marinade dripping onto the hot beat beads...yum!!!!

1414146041_038_1.jpg
1414146055_039.jpg
1414146066_040_2.jpg

After spending a few weeks in hospital in the past cuppla years and being fed meals that were variations on a theme--CHICKEN--i have developed quite a distaste for the big bird. EEEyuukk.
I know it has great cheap protein and you can do a lot with it but, EEEyuukk.
Give steak, veal suasages anything but chicken-- EEEyuukk.
Sorry it is my taste buds, they have chickened out -- EEEyuukk.
Jaros :mad:

Jaros said:
After spending a few weeks in hospital in the past cuppla years and being fed meals that were variations on a theme--CHICKEN--i have developed quite a distaste for the big bird. EEEyuukk.
I know it has great cheap protein and you can do a lot with it but, EEEyuukk.
Give steak, veal suasages anything but chicken-- EEEyuukk.
Sorry it is my taste buds, they have chickened out -- EEEyuukk.
Jaros :mad:

My Mum is the same with rabbit Jaros. Ate so much when she was a young girl and poor that she wont touch it now. I love em.

Latest posts