Rhino hand held GPS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there good people can anyone tell me about the Rhino gps and any other type of this kind

Dont know about gps but the comany recons thier 1000 dollar detectors pick up gold 15 feet away too good to be true

Recent bought a rino 700, to replace a android phone with Ozexplorer and a 5 watt 80 channel UHF. The android phone with Oziexplorer, is well in the lead there, but the polling feature and GPS combination on the UHF radio makes it all a very useful tool for the safety when fossicking with others. You can poll other radios you have linked to by either transmitting to or by a simple press of the poll button and presto their location shows up on the screen and yours on their screen. A nice feature is the transflective screen on those sunny days. If it was a android, GPS and polling UHF radio device it would be the bees knees, but garmins proprietary software is its only letdown to me.

Vinny, We have been using the Garmin Rino 650 since Johnny Appleseed had a deal, 2 for price of 1.
Great little units, we carry them in a pouch on our back pack belt and have never had a problem with interference using the GPX-4500's.
My little lady can get lost in the bathroom so it is great to be able to see where she is at anytime.

https://www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/rino-650-gps-uhf-radio/

I also have a Rino650, a multi-functional device like the 700. My only gripe is I had hoped for better battery life than I get. Doesn't run low on a days outing, but I make sure I charge it after being out for a day. Need to have a pair to use some of the functionality and that isn't cheap.

Rob P.

My wife and I have been using 2 rino 650's for a couple of years now. Wife photographs native birds Going in one direction and I detect in another. Radio communication is extremely handy. Where ever we stop, we enter in the car's position, came in very handy at Hall's Creek when I stayed out too long and had to walk back In the dark. Was able to keep wife informed and walk straight back to car.
Negatives
as with all handheld GPS's is the screen doesn't use TFT technology that allows easy reading of screen with polarised sunnies. This technology has been out for many years with marine GPS & fishfinders.

Latest posts