Request for new forum sections

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple just start one mate and if it gets attension im sure the mods will lock it in...
There has been a few in the past...about surviving Au ,s nasty critters...
Geology though might be good... it took me a while to cotton on to it...for instance 300km radius around gympie and gold is found in all types of rock....

I can't start one, mods / admin need to create the section, and that's if the mods want more to moderately moderate..

Previous posts could be moved to the new sections but a little bit of work

Possibly a 'Prospecting Buddy' section? Bit different from the meet ups thread in that they could be spur of the moment...'im heading to such and such on the weekend, anybody keen to tag along?' Obv most arent keen to share their prime locations but if trying new ground and would just enjoy the company or for some of the newer guys who could learn a thing or two just by seeing how others go about it.

y4k said:
Possibly a 'Prospecting Buddy' section? Bit different from the meet ups thread in that they could be spur of the moment...'im heading to such and such on the weekend, anybody keen to tag along?' Obv most arent keen to share their prime locations but if trying new ground and would just enjoy the company or for some of the newer guys who could learn a thing or two just by seeing how others go about it.

I thin k the Meet up section is the right place for these type of posts. I will put it to the others and see how it goes. :)

i like the idea of the 'seeking a buddy' sub section, most of my trips are planed 3.7 seconds before the day of going and would be good to reach out for a prospecting mate if it isnt so much of a planed meet up type thing, just my thoughts

Ramjet said:
The more sections created, the more difficult to find the information you seek.

I agree, my personal opinion is that the meetup section is already perfect for seeking a buddy, just start new threads with "Buddy wanted blah blah area etc".

A dedicated geology section would be good though.

Meant to say sub-section within the Meet up section as they are still technically 'meet ups' i agree having a million sections just confuses the issue. It may well be that as there generally arent any requests for that sort of thing it isnt needed but just putting the idea out there...

y4k said:
Meant to say sub-section within the Meet up section as they are still technically 'meet ups' i agree having a million sections just confuses the issue. It may well be that as there generally arent any requests for that sort of thing it isnt needed but just putting the idea out there...

In the past I have just posted in the meet up section.

I would love to see a geology section where people can ask for identification of different rocks and minerals and pics of viens and land formations relevant to Australian ground, on the internet there is a lot of USA info and pics but not a lot of Aussie. When I first started I had trouble finding pics and info of Australian rocks as many are so affected by sulphides and appear rusted. Most pics on the net are of unaffected and pretty gems and minerals, so very different to here.

Whats your reasoning HTY,.... here's where you get to state your case mate.

silver said:
Whats your reasoning HTY,.... here's where you get to state your case mate.

That's cause he wants to share all his best gold spots with his forum buddies and stop outsiders getting the details. :lol: I could be mistaken though.

Latest posts