Reckon its worth Waving the Zed over ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All ,
I have this bit of ground on my land and have looked at it for the last 30+ years and never thought much about it other than, its a pain to drive around when ploughing .
Since buying my Zed i have been reading lots of posts on here and looking at maps and just wondering if people reckon its worth going over it ? :)

There are a couple of mullock heaps and old mines to the north and an old mine directly south . I have checked the old maps for the area and there is no record of diggings here .

cheers ,
Plushy

Hi Plushy, I suppose you will never know until you have a go. Not into gold myself so I would not know going on your pictures.

Cheers, DD

I would be inclined to have a swing around anywhere there are old diggings as not all treasures are nuggets. b.t.w. is that land in the Adelaide hills and are you the ' plushy' that would know mark and Heidi?

It looks like some diggings gone on there. I'd swing it for some relics, but the gold may be fine. Mabey use the detector to attempt to find a heavy mineralisation they were looking for back in the day or start loaming / panning sample holes

Post hole digger would be my pick.
A bit of sampling would not go astray.
Just make sure there are no capped shafts under it or you may get a bit more
than you bargained for. :lol: 8)

Thanks for the Feedback Guys had a quick sweep on two of the depressions yesterday and came up with some .22 rounds i must have fired as a kid and some copper wire and a ball bearing and a 1 cent piece , i will try and get out on the weekend for a slow complete sweep .

Markgoldhunter no the land is near ballarat , victoria . I dont know Mark and Heidi but if they are plush`s then i am probably related as my family comes from over that way a long time ago .

cheers. good luck with that and keep us posted with your finds. old diggings in ballarat!! sounds like my idea of heaven.

Latest posts