Ramjet's XP Deus finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great score on the Florins Rod, got some good gear coming out of that site with the Deus. Yes, playing with the settings is fun, and quite eye opening in some areas on how they change the performance of the detector. ;)

For today's little hunt we went to a site that has deep coins. The Deus had no problem picking up pennies 25 cm deep and more. A quiet but clear signal. The settings I used today were sent to me by another deus user. I like the full tones in less trashy areas and it works best with a pretty fast swing. See last pic for settings.

1457574664_fb_img_1457572446469.jpg

1457574819_fb_img_1457572452597.jpg

1457574967_fb_img_1457497228451.jpg

Well this was my trip to the beach yesterday. After about 40 minutes I was in so much pain I had to pack it in. I just cannot use the detector and scoop with my sore right arm. I was happy with how the Deus was picking up the smallest of targets. I have plenty of Bobby pins if anyone is running short.

Meanwhile back at home.... I'm cleaning all the trash from my back lawn so I can make a test bed for detectors. Had grandson Dean helping me with his Aldi. Doing a pretty good job too. He likes how the Aldi is a "beep and Pop digs" type detector.

1457726082_img_2016031217103.jpg

1457726256_2016-03-12_06.57.49.jpg

1457726136_img_20160312817.jpg

You need to make a spoon digger end for a battery opperated reciprocating saw for the young fella RJ ,.... then put him onto a likely spot and let him run loose! :D

Make sure he keeps/enjoys his finds,... at that age it's about instant gratification, ... spending the finds on something he likes/wants,... that way he will still like detecting in 50 years time. :D

Yeah, cause we can see that it's working fine ,... now you need a good run of long lost silvers to rip into just to get the feel for a virgin hunt with it in primed ground that's never felt a coil let alone the sting of the blade or the slice of a pick ,... reeeesearch ! 8)

silver said:
Yeah, cause we can see that it's working fine ,... now you need a good run of long lost silvers to rip into just to get the feel for a virgin hunt with it in primed ground that's never felt a coil let alone the sting of the blade or the slice of a pick ,... reeeesearch ! 8)

Yeah Rocket! Do some research!!!

Ramjet said:
silver said:

your job, considering your off work :p

rocketaroo said:
Ramjet said:
silver said:

your job, considering your off work :p

Back to work Friday. In the last 3 years I have had 1 year off work :D

Might have to get out of town a bit for some of the older stuff, there seems to be quite a few detectorists around the Newcastle area possibly working the same areas. Have you been over many of your previously detected sites yet? :)