R.I.P Forum Members and other prospectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to announce that a long-time PA member, German Hermann who was, in fact Danish, has passed away. If you knew Hermann you'll understand what a true honor and privilege it was to know him.
I'm at a loss for words. He was a good friend and he will certainly be missed.
I didn't know Herman all that well. Bumped into him a few times on the goldfields and in the Coiltek shop. He was a great character, no doubt about that and very helpful to many people.
RIP old fella, many of the oldtimers who began detecting forty years ago are passing away, what stories they could all tell of the early days of the electronic goldrush in the 70s and 80s. Fortunately many of the stories have been recorded in the Gold Gem & Treasure magazine and on various forums but sadly, far more will be lost forever when we pass away.

Haven't been on the forum much lately and I've just seen this.
Very sad news indeed.
I met him a few times at some of the meet ups and he is a top bloke.
Very helpful and always willing to share his knowledge. Would always have the patience to help a newb like me. True gentleman.
RIP Hermann.
I'll raise my glass to you tonight.

R.I.P “ The Duck “ - Trevor Pickett​

Long time members may remember a former contributor & Moderator - The Duck .
( Trevor )
Sadly he passed away 27th August .
Extremely generous man that loves the bush

Thanks

ANT

Attachments

• IMG_6659.png
    IMG_6659.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 6

PICKETT, Trevor John​

Publication: Herald Sun

Date Listed: 2/9/2023

Trevor John Pickett passed away on 27th August. Beloved wife Deb and his daughter Emma, Beloved son of Des(dec'd) and Alva. Brother to Debbie & family Allan & Chris. Forever in our thoughts, RIP dearest Trev. Happy Detecting, hope you find the big one!
15/02/1957 - 27/08/2023

Lord Bless Him and his family, I always looked forward to his posts and it was always a pleasure to see and read his posts,

I have nothing but fondness and high regard for Duck, If we measure up to half of what he was then we will be doing Alright, A Gentleman a teacher and a Great all round Guy,

Bless You Duck where ever you may be R.I.P. Mate., Prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

I'm sorry to announce that a long-time PA member, German Hermann who was, in fact Danish, has passed away. If you knew Hermann you'll understand what a true honor and privilege it was to know him.
I'm at a loss for words. He was a good friend and he will certainly be missed.

Rest in Peace, Hermann.

Funny story: I once phoned Hermann up as I got his number from someone and I was convinced we’d met before (but it turned out we hadn’t - I’d gotten him mixed up with someone else from a detecting club from many years before.)

Nevertheless, even though he was doubtful that we knew each other, he invited me around to his place and I ended up with his spare detector battery.

That’ll be going straight to the pool room (when I have one one day.)

Attachments

• IMG_5158.png
    IMG_5158.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: