Qld prospectors warning!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to inspectors browsing our site and the qld prospector bunch..
An inspector informed me today that water pumps are machinery...hahaha and thus illegal??
He was a nice fella checking permits...so i had to test his interpretation of our laws ...WELL! He is probably reading this so Gday Ross. But they are building a case against qld prospectors selling water pumps and high bankers? Because water pumps are not allowed. High bankers are fine if you peddle power the water up to it....
He did strongly suggest i rally the qld troops and start lobbying for water pumps to be approved!! He doesnt see a reason why we cant use them except there machinery....i did explain my interpetation no machinery was for the removal or gathering of material....he had no bar of it...and they cant change it only we can.....thanx for the motivation mate.

So im going to see my local parliment member!!!
I strongly suggest we all get on this to change it because he thinks we cant...its impossible!
Hahaha my reply to that was .....woman vote dont they!!!
So nothings impossible...

Lets give it to them lads.....

Colmaca im deadly serious about this one mate.

If there are any members of the qld prospecting forum"sorry mods"... the're targeting you!!! Your site was mentioned repeatedly ....
Im going to approach my local member regarding the tourist $$$ attraction side of it!?

Hmmm,
There was a shift in the Greenie camp today and they are going to come out fighting.
About time to rally the out doors recreational groups and settle in for a long fight.
I have worded this in a way that does not encroach on the 2 taboo's.

WHAT ELSE?? are they going to ban our 4x4's as mechanical means to get to our areas of enjoyment, baaaaaaaaaah talk about frustrating fn beaurocrats. fn losers got nothing better to do to justify their jobs...p#@$%ks
Take it away from us and what will you have? other than many many hundreds possibly thousands of recreational miners enjoying themselves existing like zombies needing their fix out in the bush.
BJ

True mate but most of us arent in the middle of woop woop? :D

He said they were close to starting somthing??
And its big!
Very well could be a long one? Hahahaha
We were at a stale mate in discussion..so i said maby it should go to court that way a judge can make his interpretation of it!
He didnt want to help because of all the papper work that was involved...hahahaha imagine the time and papper work he will have to do...taking it through court!
Its easier to be part of the solution... than to stand against it?

Hey Yobskin you got my support mate, where do we go to petition this,

Maybe Clive could do with some support if he gets wind of all this, I've got a knot in my gut I'm so fn worked up about this shite, they got us with our dredges without any real investigation, just like the poor old rooster, and gets his head chopped off, what for? he done nothing wrong...hahaha

BJ

What if the beaurocrats were given free memberships(to somewhere) and fossicking licence's, pointed to a good spot and given a slow but sure dose of gold fever,... then they would be on the right side of the people and everyone would be happy. They'd only need to find a few little specks in the dish, next thing they'd want to know how to process it with a little less grief to their hide and, and low and behold next thing you know they're all buying nice little pumps to run their new highbankers and changing the law to suit,... it'd be us stopping them from using dingo shovels in the long run.
like this one.
1430990285_imagesmz38dj1o.jpg

Ruthy ? Sounds like shes your old auntie ..., roothy the 4x4 bloke ? Yeah hes a baysider to isnt he jaros ? Could be a legitimate plan trying to get some more outdoor groups onside ..

yobskin said:
Due to inspectors browsing our site and the qld prospector bunch..
An inspector informed me today that water pumps are machinery...hahaha and thus illegal??
He was a nice fella checking permits...so i had to test his interpretation of our laws ...WELL! He is probably reading this so Gday Ross. But they are building a case against qld prospectors selling water pumps and high bankers? Because water pumps are not allowed. High bankers are fine if you peddle power the water up to it....
He did strongly suggest i rally the qld troops and start lobbying for water pumps to be approved!! He doesnt see a reason why we cant use them except there machinery....i did explain my interpetation no machinery was for the removal or gathering of material....he had no bar of it...and they cant change it only we can.....thanx for the motivation mate.

So im going to see my local parliment member!!!
I strongly suggest we all get on this to change it because he thinks we cant...its impossible!
Hahaha my reply to that was .....woman vote dont they!!!
So nothings impossible...

Lets give it to them lads.....

Yobskin

Since I can vote now :D count me in too, even though i am in NSW, you've got my support.

Got my support too.....whats next? Are they going to ban farmers from pumping water out of their dams...what a joke

I'm still at a loss over this.

Paraphrasing the rules you can fossick/collect materials using specified tools. Hand on my heart I can't see anything surrounding processing? If it's not defined how can anyone advise it's incorrect?

You don't use the Highbanker or pump to collect it. That comes in when washing some rocks after it has been collected. Don't do it in the watercourse or cause turbidity and I really honestly can't see the issue.

Shovel into bucket then from bucket into banker? If it was me I'd keep shoveling until the bloke ran out of tickets on the pad. I'd simply state it says nothing about how to process it after its collected.

It's like getting a license and a car and not being able to drive it anywhere it just doesn't make any sense.

Just had a look through the legislation.
There is nothing on how you process, must be collected by hand or hand tools alone, but,
Queensland has one heck of a water act and I cannot find any thing about transferring water to prospect.
Can any one else find it or legislation pertaining??.

Latest posts