Pumps, Hoses and Associated Gear information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox said:
Tathradj said:
Been working on this and nearly finished. ]:D
For those who don't know,
Triple impeller 1 1/2 High pressure Delta pump.
Rated to 270 psi at 3500 revs.
I hope. :)
Just the thing for those annoyingly steep hills you come
across from time to time
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2436/1500610772_dsc_0077.jpg

I thought they banned hydraulicing a long time ago.... :eek:
So did i, would hope people aren't doing it still as it ruins prospecting rights for everyone. ..
Please dont get caught.

Hmm actually looks like a fair dinkum high lift water pump and not a hydrasluice. Hoping so

Hi all, I am looking to draw water from a bore that has a 180 mm diameter with the water level at about 7 metres.I have tried to with little success with a 4inch petrol pump . I am thinking of submersible single phase (any ideas? Appreciated). Need to fill a 5000l tank about 30 -40 metres higher than the bore and about 125 metres away.Dont really want to run a generator for 3 days.

Was the 4 inch pump a trash pump or something else ?

Trash pumps usually dont have much suction or outlet head.

I have quality Davey / Honda impeller Pumps but their suction head reduces at around 7 metres

Bore pumps are made for what youre doing , check out whats on eBay and also from pump suppliers , they are cheaper than a petrol pump , just check carefully if their startup current can be supplied from your gennie.

There are also solar powered bore pumps.

You will get a bore pump to fill that tank in 2- 5 hours.

Ps , I saw a bloke once putting layflat hose on to the suction of a pump . Suction hose must be used on the inlet to a pump.

Where are you TG, that's a huge casing (180mm) for a bore. I'd of thought a 4" inch pump would lift 7 metres :eek:, have you checked the specs of the pump online. Is it a single impeller or twin, is it a transfer pump or pressure pump, sounds like its a transfer pump. Electric lift pump will need to be capable of pumping greater than a 40 metre head, or a primary tank at the bore then a petrol pressure pump that will work best if twin impeller to pump greater than the 40 metre head. I use a 13hp 2" inch Honda petrol pump and pump to a 50 metre head with no problems the pump is rated for a 70 metre head and I fill a 22000 litre tank in an hour with a 2" inch delivery line.

Yep its a 200 mm outside diameter metal pipe on a mining lease and a single impeller pump which I primed and couldnt make it work and I thought it would work.Maybe I go smaller but is it the water depth?

Check your pump specs either online or with a supplier of the said pump. How long have you had the pump and how often do you use the pump. Have you got a foot valve on the suction (is it hard suction line such as polly) line if not it could be your problem that is if the pump is in good condition and looked after.

Latest posts