Prospects at work

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full on! Amazing stuff 20x. You could sell that stuff! 😂 👍
Hell I'd love to come run some of that ground, can you imagine running ground that rich for like 6hrs like I would on a reguar creek day with a 12" Highbanker?! You'd have to be over 3grams easy!😯

Is it mixed in with fine ironstone? Have you tried giving it a wash in hydrochloric acid (take care) and giving it a rinse with water?

I find - in the area that you are working - that the best gravel for gold is not only at the base but gravel that has mostly pebbles of white vein quartz rather than rock.

There is a logical explanation - when the ancient stream was eroding quartz veins it was more likely to be eroding gold as well (compared with when it was just eroding rock).

Last edited:
I find - in the area that you are working - that the best gravel for gold is not only at the base but gravel that has mostly pebbles of white vein quartz rather than rock.

There is a logical explanation - when the ancient stream was eroding quartz veins it was more likely to be eroding gold as well (compared with when it was just eroding rock).
Yeah I've been wondering where the tiny iron stone shot is..
The light grey bit I pointed to is a decomposing quartz vein but there is no colour in it..
This is about 10m away and about 4m deeper than where I was getting the gold..
View attachment 20230103_090906.mp4

Loving this mate!

Gold and landfill development....ticking all the boxes.

I was super curious how they were going to deal with the old workings.

Without getting too technical the sign offs would need assurance of the stability of the ground work or engineering contingencies.

Seems you ended up in the right place at the right time, my guess would be variation to remove materials, possibly thats the way it will go.

I know when we had the intial development in the basalt the voiding required us to to do removal, the upshot of that was it was cheaper to blast then remove and add a variation than engineer for voids.

Cap space is always going to be at the pointy end of decisions, possibly whoever owns the one your on took a calculated risk.

May your pans be full and heavy!

Loving this mate!

Gold and landfill development....ticking all the boxes.

I was super curious how they were going to deal with the old workings.

Without getting too technical the sign offs would need assurance of the stability of the ground work or engineering contingencies.

Seems you ended up in the right place at the right time, my guess would be variation to remove materials, possibly thats the way it will go.

I know when we had the intial development in the basalt the voiding required us to to do removal, the upshot of that was it was cheaper to blast then remove and add a variation than engineer for voids.

Cap space is always going to be at the pointy end of decisions, possibly whoever owns the one your on took a calculated risk.

May your pans be full and heavy!
Good to hear from you again mate, sounds like you know how it all goes 👍
Dealing with this problem atm, we call it ice magic 🤣
It's some type of wierd organic liquid that oozes out of the ground..
20221210_071459.jpg

Latest posts