Post Your Sweetest Images Here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandbagger said:
Bush Chook said:
You got a bit of focus-stacking and tilt-shifting happening there SB? Nice images.

Thanks BC. Nope. Never tried either. Some of it was done with a 100mm macro lens, some with a reversed 18-55 kit lens.

Baz.

Means double Dutch to me SB but what ever you did you nailed it :Y: just fantastic :100:

RM Outback said:
Sandbagger said:
Bush Chook said:
You got a bit of focus-stacking and tilt-shifting happening there SB? Nice images.

Thanks BC. Nope. Never tried either. Some of it was done with a 100mm macro lens, some with a reversed 18-55 kit lens.

Baz.

Means double Dutch to me SB but what ever you did you nailed it :Y: just fantastic :100:

Reversing a lens is simply first tricking the lens aperture to stay closed while you remove the lens, then flip it around and hold it over the camera body opening, shooting through it backwards, using your distance from the subject to achieve critical focus. It's difficult, frustrating, frought with light and motion problems, but once you master it, it is a very effective poor-man's macro lens.

You cna even buy screw-on adaptors nowdays to do just that, so you don't have to hold it over the camera.

Another thing I did was use a range of home-made light modifiers over my flashes. Tissues, A4 paper, milk bottles, icecream containers, anything I could use to get the light right.

Baz.

This set from the Otway Ranges, Vic.

Apollo Bay breakwater
1560738734__igp5073-edit-2pa.jpg

Sentries
1560738775_imgp4776-edit-2pa.jpg

Walnut Grove
1560738809_imgp4797-edit-3pa.jpg

Redwoods
1560738901_imgp4816-edit-3pa.jpg

Filtered Light
1560738927_imgp4826-editpa.jpg

Jaros said:
Hi Joao, where have you been. We all have missed you. :)

Thank you Jaros. Thank you for the words. This forum is awesome!
:pickshovel: :pickshovel: :pickshovel: :pickshovel: :pickshovel: :Y: :Y: