Poor mans gaiters.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1481163858_images.jpg

If made from these they may even scare the snake away ;)

Just another tip is use boots that are size 8 and up as size 7 and down are about two inches shorter. :D

And the fastest striking snake in the world. :)
Boa's come a close second.
Also when an Adder hits, You have half an angry heavy set snake behind it.
They can and do go through a set of leather boots, easily.
Prick of a snake. 8)

LoneWolf said:
Death Adder.... 8)

Mmmm 2nd Most often Snake I see . Or Don't See.. :|

LoneWolf....

vstrom said:
Just another tip is use boots that are size 8 and up as size 7 and down are about two inches shorter. :D

Great ingenuity vstrom, top idea. Regarding size did you use your normal size or 1 or 2 larger so it fitted over your boots. Would also come in handy to save our legs from your fires :lol:

From Vstrom "Hi RM I used Two sizes smaller I'm a 10 used an 8 for a good fit around my skinny leg."

Guys, I would have thought that the looser the gumboot/gaitor the better....so if a snake strikes it it kind of collapses rather than represent a firm target for the fangs to pierce??

For me Id be going a size or two bigger....also lets some air circulate as black rubber can get pretty warm in the heat of sunny Qld.

Still, Vstroms idea is very inventive.
regards :)

Hi Mike gum boots are very loose around leg so when you cut the sole of they are to big in reg size and want to spin on your leg so two sizes smaller and they sit nicely and are still loose enough with plenty of room to flex about.

Latest posts