Plans For Detector Digging Tool?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with Nightjar, are you gold detecting, and if so what machine eg 4500,5000 or 7000 or one of the SD or GP's and where detecting: in Vic with some deep signals, and WA not so deep I have found.

In Vic Triangle I have found some deep signals, including rusty bolts, brass etc and needed a long handle pick similar to the guy in the vid below at the 17 min mark. Most Oz operators I know have long handle picks. Have seen some US Youtube Vids where they use shovels/spades for the dig.

If using a Minelab 2300, GM or Nox to me a short handle pick would do the job. (and of course a scoop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cu375YuoYw

Peter

Thanks for all the replies, i didn't explain myself very well. I seen somewhere , can't remember where, the coin relic hunters modify a garden spade as a digging tool
in softer ground. They shape the blade of the spade to a point and cut saw teeth down the sides for cutting grass roots.
I can go freehand but seeing one already made would make it simpler. I have all the long handled picks for gold prospecting but thought a spade would be better
for coin relic hunting.

kind regards minersright.

Yup, that's the one, thanks for your replies , that makes it easier for me to play around in the shed during isolation.

regards minersright.

Latest posts