Pinpointer question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if a pinpointer would be a valid tool for running over material that has been tipped out of a sieve to check for any small gold nuggets/speccies?

Would they also be capable of detecting gold inside a small piece of quartz, say golf ball size?

isolation said:
I was wondering if a pinpointer would be a valid tool for running over material that has been tipped out of a sieve to check for any small gold nuggets/speccies?
Would they also be capable of detecting gold inside a small piece of quartz, say golf ball size?

To reliably detect sub-gram nuggets/flakes/speccies you probably need to look at one of these: http://falconmetaldetectors.com/

Thanks guys... I already run the SDC over our tailings, so maybe I'll stick to that.
I was thinking about a Christmas present for the girl :) Thought it might be something portable she could check each sieve with as she's panning, and check some of the rocks she likes to collect as we're walking along :)

Latest posts