Pinpointer holders

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
I ended up buying six of these bolt on pinpointer holders from China for under $2 each, these are the same ones you see being sold on ebay for like $12US each. They are not only good for pinpointers, but are also great for a small LED torch to light up your way. The bolt is only plastic, but you can always upgrade it to a stainless one for better longevity. :)

1392192586_img_20140212_183125.jpg

1392192607_img_20140212_183101.jpg

nice one, good idea
one question but, would the pin pointer interfere with the detector
richard

i know my garrett propointer and my infinium dont play well together.... infact, the finnie fuc$en screams at it.

thebeans said:
nice one, good idea
one question but, would the pin pointer interfere with the detector
richard

Not on the Ace, it doesn't have the greatest detection depth, and it is far away enough from the coil to not be an issue. The bottom of the pinpointer is exactly 22 inches from the coil, so unless the planets aligned, I'm pretty sure the Ace won't have a chance in hell of picking it up! :lol:

Here's the same holder with a small Arlec LED torch, lights up the detection area nicely without lighting up the whole neighbourhood, not that I would keep it on 100% of the time anyway.

1392202579_img_20140212_212610.jpg

1392202604_img_20140212_212633.jpg

goldpick could u please tell me where u got them from as I wouldn't mind a couple of them

thanks richard

Now to start with, I'm sure the pointer isn't turned on while its just sitting there being gripped(is it?)so it's probably not going to interfere regardless in that circumstance.
Will it fall out if it's put on the bottom side(pointer) while you have the torch going up on the top with a second holder?
Because that would be pretty good.
Is it easy to remove and replace, generally?
Has it ever just fallen out unnoticed on any occasion ?

silver said:
Now to start with, I'm sure the pointer isn't turned on while its just sitting there being gripped(is it?)so it's probably not going to interfere regardless in that circumstance.
Will it fall out if it's put on the bottom side(pointer) while you have the torch going up on the top with a second holder?
Because that would be pretty good.
Is it easy to remove and replace, generally?
Has it ever just fallen out unnoticed on any occasion ?

Correct, the pinpointer is never left on when stowed on the detector. The clamp is rubberised and holds the items nice and tight, probably holds the Nokta pinpointer tighter than the pro-find. I'd run the torch underneath, and the pinpointer on top, or have the pinpointer offset to the side with the torch on top. It takes like 10 seconds to remove the clamp. Sometimes I use the Pro-find pinpointer which has a lanyard and stainless ring, the lanyard simply clips onto the bottom of the clamp, so if it falls out, I still won't lose it.

Any chinese seller on ebay will do, just do a sort to find the cheapest one with free postage, expect around a couple of weeks for postage considering its free postage, it will probably go via surface mail.

1392224505_img_20140213_032951.jpg

Thanks Goldpick, I may invest in these as I usually tape a light or two on for night searches, but this looks too easy and will save all the tape !

Latest posts