Panning at Tuena NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
I went to Tuena yesterday to do a bit of panning to find a spot so I can take my highbanker.
I have 2 videos and one photo to share.
Thanks
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/9Jl27kKV-tw[/video]
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/BkY17Fol9zo[/video]
1499020092_img_0565.jpg

Some nice chunky bits there, and well worth further investigation.

I haven't spent time in that part of the creek for a few years now.

It is not entirely clear, but the second video suggests that you panned off the samples at the end. Trouble is, you won't know which hole or holes the gold came from.

Sorry If I have got the wrong end of the stick!

Hi
I know where I got the bigger bits, I will be heading back again in a few weeks I hope :)
What I did was I did a quick pan on each hole to see what I got. I still had material to pan when I got home.
Nothing to be sorry about.
Thanks

Tuena is a great spot to camp and seek some color .. Panning crevicing or high banker its all good fun there and you can always garantee at least something for your efforts..some times more if you get in the right spot.

nice find, I would be very happy with that , I went to Hillend and had a nugget in my hand, 42 grams , but I had to give it back to balmain bob
I could not pan and had to forget the high banker , why , the thickness of Ice on the water, boy it was cold there on the way back looked in the sunny corner region a maze of roads to nowhere but that will be a future recon trip to explore where they all lead to what you have to watch for is the trail bikers coming on flat out around the corners

Good looking yella you got there.
Tuena looks like a nice place compared to Oallen.
Definitely interested in tagging along on one of your Tuena trips.

A few nice chunks there dr ! Bigger than Ive ever found there !

Was that from the general area , or a secret spot on private property ?

Regards

Gunter

Gotta be happy with that ! :p
Aussie creeks still runnin with G O L D ! :Y:

Gunter said:
A few nice chunks there dr ! Bigger than Ive ever found there !

Was that from the general area , or a secret spot on private property ?

Regards

Gunter

Hey Gunter,

Not in any private area, just found a good spot. Even though it had been getting some attention, there was still some decent bits. The big picker in the pan (.15g) came in the first few pans, and had us excited, but returns after that were not as exciting. My mate found a bit of bedrock underwater behind which he got a couple of very good pans.

Gorgeous chunky gold! Those pickers are amazing :D

Lazy Panning huh?

I have certainly come home with far less from "Crazed Lunatic with a Shovel Digging Moon Craters and Panning"

AussieFarmer is spot on Clever Panning.........

Latest posts