Online, Email Scams, Fake callers/Phone scams and other scam information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teemore said:
Often getting calls from "unknown number" .... just don't answer them and them block the number, same with calls where numbers are displayed ... if they're not on my contact list (which would show up with who's calling) I just don't answer.

Federal Government needs to do something as some relevant info (eg covid advise) will go unanswered.

Doubt the telcos want them stopped it's probably a major source of revenue for them.

Same setup as I have done. Unrecognised no's get blocked.

I used to do a bit of Scam Baiting.
It is illegal to cause damage with another persons computer
here in Australia.
But I considered these scum bags fair game.

Best to date a little while ago was I bought down a scammers call center.
That was back in the day where they would miss judge the person
they called.

So funny to hear the back ground go from standard speech to swearing in Hindi. LOL

The single waanabee Scammers working from home were a classic.

One thought he was smarter when he finally worked out that I had deleted all his files and
as his laptop shut down.

He reckoned he had it backed up on an external HDD while he laughed at me.

Me, "Oh, The one you had left plugged in that also had all your personal records as well. " ?
Sorry, It is nuked as well. Also, I have nulled your BIOS as I know that brand well.
You will have to update the bios then do a full re install of windows that I noticed that
it was not activated as well

And about that network drive that was setup as well on some one else's server. Yep.
All files removed as well. Next time, Please do not try and slave off your head scammers
server. I have also nulled the BIOS on it as well.

Seeya. Click.

( Nulling a BIOS does not destroy a machine. Just set's it in a state where it requires an update to
start operating again. Also, Servers use a raid system with multiple drives. They 9 times out of ten
have a reset function that clears and reset's ALL the HDD's at once. destroys all data when revoked.)

They were not up to speed on security back then. LOL Usually old machines salvaged from somewhere.

Don't do it any more.

Lol Tath , back in the days of dial up and Yahoo chat , I was addicted to the boot wars. Sitting in rooms waiting for Indians to enter and type on the room page e.g. 20/m/India looking for sexy girl for chat.
Type their username into 1 of the many boots I had collected from the dark places on the net and send them through various ports a million smiley faces for e.g.. lol
I would be logged in with 5 different usernames at the same time lol

I'm ashamed to say that I was a victim......
I received an SMS from KDL that said my delivery was not successful, and that I should click on the link to re-schedule a delivery.
I was expecting one although not from them so i stupidly clicked on the link. NEVER do this unless you're absolutely sure of the account. This then enabled the link to download malware to my iphone, which would lie dormant until I logged onto a bank account.
At the time I logged into my bank account, it went active, hacking my account and transferring money. I luckily saw the transactions (after notification of suspicious activity from CBA SMSs), and immediately contacted the bank to shut down my VISA and NETBANK accounts.
My new VISA card will be sent within 7 business days, and my NETBANK account hopefully re-activated next week.
The bank will challenge $2.3K of transactions from my account, though this make take several weeks. I'm hoping......
I've learned a new lesson to NEVER click on a link sent via SMS unless you're sure of its origin.
Read more of these scams on the internet.

Trying to remember..
I would log into Yahoo chat through explorer , log in with another in Yahoo msg , another through cheeta chat , and 2 instances of yahelite.
Vee_sacks
Vee_secks
Vee_sicks
Vee_socks
Vee_sucks

BigWave said:
I'm ashamed to say that I was a victim......
I received an SMS from KDL that said my delivery was not successful, and that I should click on the link to re-schedule a delivery.
I was expecting one although not from them so i stupidly clicked on the link. NEVER do this unless you're absolutely sure of the account. This then enabled the link to download malware to my iphone, which would lie dormant until I logged onto a bank account.
At the time I logged into my bank account, it went active, hacking my account and transferring money. I luckily saw the transactions (after notification of suspicious activity from CBA SMSs), and immediately contacted the bank to shut down my VISA and NETBANK accounts.
My new VISA card will be sent within 7 business days, and my NETBANK account hopefully re-activated next week.
The bank will challenge $2.3K of transactions from my account, though this make take several weeks. I'm hoping......
I've learned a new lesson to NEVER click on a link sent via SMS unless you're sure of its origin.
Read more of these scams on the internet.
Full on mate
This looks like a good product..
1632652369_20210926_203044.jpg

Thoughts Tath?

You could trick them into sending link to their page.
Copy and past the link and there you are.
You could stay logged in on their account while they were online.

Quite a few Indian Takeaways received a number of orders. LOL

I had to make sure they were well fed. {) {)

Kato has started a VET course, Cert 3 in IT.

She is enjoying learning about the real world, her online studies have been touching on the scammers and security etc.

Funniest thing was getting one on the phone the other day, Kato present to watch me give them s--t,
as soon as they wanted me to let them onto my computer to assist me with unknown connections on my Telstra Broadband, we were having fun.
They hung up after I asked them were to go for the software link, as I had Linux and Firefox...

pause... 'Click' and she (scammer) was gone.

Kato was cracking up laughing, so excited to be actually in on the scam call, specially after lessons about it that afternoon.

Since then, 5 or 6 scam SMS's between my wife and I. :/

More fun when they call me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

5 years ago I had one on the line for about 20 minutes, before he gave up, that's the problem with them, they give up too fast !! :playful:
I get lonely, depressed, bi polar, Gay, speak German etc, and I have also tried to convert them to become a Jehovah's Witness.

It's always play time

:)

FYI - We don't have Telstra anything ;)

I also used to hand them to my youngest son.
He has ADHD, ADDHA, You name it and babbles full on.
could not believe one stayed on for 15 minutes. LOL

Also say hold the line for a moment.
sit the phone near the radio and let them listen to the local news.

My lovely gave one an earful for about 5 minutes when they said we were about to have "Windows" removed.
"The removalist hasn't shown up yet."
"The lounge and dining room windows are still intact."
"Wait, I'll just go and check whether all our other windows are intact."
"etc etc etc"
The Indian accented caller actually called her an "FAC" and hung up.

We have been receiving sms on the phone stating that "Your package has been returned to sender" and then it says to click on the link to redirect the package back to us.
Bloody hell that is about as lame as it can get. No names or clue to who sent the message. The IQ of these morons must be in the 70s

Yep me too,
My wife as well.
I keep blocking the numbers and reporting the scam but they still keep coming :mad:

Yep,I got the package SMS today.Blocked the number and 10 minutes later received another one from a different number.

Hi everyone, just received an email purporting to be from MyGov advising an adjustment to an income tax return, you must verify your details, DO NOT PUSH THE BUTTON.

Couple of things smelt fishy, 1, the mail came from MyGov, not my.gov.au, 2, it stated the financial year ending the 13th December, 3, it came to a very old email address no longer in use for anything of any importance.

I immediately checked both of our my gov au accounts and no email, theres a bloody surprise.

Latest posts