One nugget found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,I recently found my first nugget,I have been back to the spot 4times but haven't found anymore,I have read that usually if there is one there is more.What would my next step be, I haven't gridded as yet.Any advice would be great.

No sign of old digging no sign of recent digging, no sign of old cans bottles, plenty of bullet casings,this is fresh ground.

300 said:
Hi Guys,I recently found my first nugget,I have been back to the spot 4times but haven't found anymore,I have read that usually if there is one there is more.What would my next step be, I haven't gridded as yet.Any advice would be great.
i think you answered your own question mate
its what i would do and go low and slow no rush

We took a bit of a risk and went straight ahead at this spot. There was no track but we had our sights set on an abandoned mine marked on the map 4.5km away.

1501759523_pilbara_hills.jpg

We took it slow stopping at the gullys to clear all the little wattle saplings out of our path. They are really strong and usually snap off about 100mm up from the ground and take out a tyre or two. It took about half a day to get there and within an hour or two Mrs M pinged a 1.6g nugget with the SDC. It was sitting right on the top on a slight slope of cleared ground. We set about and carefully gridded the area with both the SDC and the 4500 without any sign of a signal. The only evidence of people being there previously was a couple of rusty cans under the largest tree in the area. We camped the night and worked the region the following day in all the obvious spots but never raised another signal of any kind.

If it were not for the mark on the map I'd have put it down to a bird dropping :|

Hi 300 (is that your nugget target??)

You don't mention what state you're in but if the area is like most places littered with leaves and twigs then raking may be worth a try to get that SDC coil just a bit closer to the targets ......
1501808823_img_0706.jpg

That example is a bit over the top (someones effort in the GT) and I'd suggest it would be better to 'sweep' some of the stuff back to minimise potential erosion of the area but it gives you an idea of the effort some people go to ....
Cheers T.

Latest posts