On this day in 1854 Eureka Stockade attacked

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you brothers!...and the people who need most to hear us!..
Will hear all of us soon enough!...But we HAVE to start somewhere, and plant the seed of 'rights and liberties' firmly in the fertile soil of the youth of the nation! and all those who may oppose our cause initially,but from lack of promotion of the seminal moment in our nations history, when men and women from all corners of the earth, swore by the Cross of the South to Resist their Colonial Masters and fight to defend their rights and liberties.
The Question is: 'Who will Step Forward to Lead' the changes that are so desperately needed within our society...to make it a better more equitable and fairer nation than it has begun to turn into.
Where is our 'Peter Lalor' ..today!...

I am a hunter and we have been fighting the anti,s for decades.
I am a fisherman they are slowly locking us out of more and more waters.
I do a lot of four wheel driving and they keep closing more tracks. The same applies to the bike riders.
I am a prospectors and they keep wanting to close us out of more areas and restrict what we can do.
When are we going to wake up and unite against all the anti,s , tree huggers,and all the others whose whole ambition in life is to take away the freedoms of us all. They keep driving wedges between us, and we let them.
United we stand. :N: :eek: :mad:
Jim

The Scanlon Foundation Mapping Social Cohesion Survey - conducted by Monash university - 2017
http://www.monash.edu/mapping-population/public-opinion/social-cohesion-report
Page 45, Table 22

36% of Australians don't care whether Australia is a democracy or a dictatorship.
20% think a dictatorship is sometimes preferable.

One in three people wouldn't care if elections were abolished and government could enacted any laws it wished without hindrance or question - indeed they wouldn't care if it were illegal to question government or police officers. One in bloody three!

This country will never see the like of Eureka again. Democracy came to Australia too easily....

Impressive survey there mate! 8) ...eye-opener right enough.!..But I am not necessarily advocating another Eureka in the form of a violent revolution...I'm thinking about winning over hearts and minds!...We must try to do something...While there are enough of us to promote the cause for a better more equitable society.There has got to be a way.....just saying. :cool:

reefer said:
Impressive survey there mate! 8) ...eye-opener right enough.!..But I am not necessarily advocating another Eureka in the form of a violent revolution...I'm thinking about winning over hearts and minds!...We must try to do something...While there are enough of us to promote the cause for a better more equitable society.There has got to be a way.....just saying. :cool:

I agree with you reefer. We must stand up and be counted so that a more equitable society is gained. There must be a way not has got to be a way. we just need to find it.

reefer said:
I hear you brothers!...and the people who need most to hear us!..
Will hear all of us soon enough!...But we HAVE to start somewhere, and plant the seed of 'rights and liberties' firmly in the fertile soil of the youth of the nation! and all those who may oppose our cause initially,but from lack of promotion of the seminal moment in our nations history, when men and women from all corners of the earth, swore by the Cross of the South to Resist their Colonial Masters and fight to defend their rights and liberties.
The Question is: 'Who will Step Forward to Lead' the changes that are so desperately needed within our society...to make it a better more equitable and fairer nation than it has begun to turn into.
Where is our 'Peter Lalor' ..today!...

Was thinkin of PA member "Silver" after reading your comment......
Waiting for his reply " The red rangger will set em straight when she gets in" :lol:

Where are you Silver :Y: hope your well

This is how they've done it to you ,
here lies your bloody sheep.
They've done it with your eyes wide open
not while you were asleep.
They stand up high in numbers low,
they stop and shake your hand.
All the time conniving
to take away the land.
The numbers high have voted
for someone else's choice
where secret deals and ballots
have choked your very voice
while all the while we're thinking
it's VICTORY FOR US.
But they've lain a trail foreboding
as we wallow hard through puss,
They've made us think it is our choice
that we've picked the chosen few.
But they've taken here our power
POWER meant for me and you.
They've put a hand right over
and covered up our eyes,
and lost the trail in Bullshit
through their cleverness and lies.
So, here lies our dilema
it's easy to see fast
just make sure that we took action
when this time is in the past.
Silver
;) ;)

Yes that about sum's up what the system is rigged to do..right enough.!If that is all your work Silver, then well done..if not..well quoted! :Y: I personally think what is needed at this point is a meeting of minds!... A meeting whereby all focus is on 1. the need for change.
2.The drawing up of a 'manifesto' of the aims and ideals and principals of the 'movement'..for lack of a better word...3.The setting up of a 'steering committee' to lead the search for a, Passionate, like-minded leader.! with the skills...and time necessary to organise and oversee the formation of a proposed 'political movement'.
I realise there will be flack..both from members here with their own agendas and/or from without.. from supporters of the current sad state of affairs..who do alright and don't want things to change....and I have no grandiose visions of changing the system in one glorious campaign fought on the streets of our cities and towns..another, Eureka -like moment..No!...But I can tell all those with an open disposition towards meaningful change..That our rights and liberties have been eroded, far beyond what the Men of Eureka..Who were killed as they rallied around the Flag, could possibly have imagined!...and they would be turning in their graves and demanding that we ..DO SOMETHING!...LEST WE FORGET THEM, and there desire to forge a new egalitarian society based on the principle; that governments primary focus is the fair and equitable distribution of the nation's wealth. Everything else will fall into line as a matter of long-term...citizen-focused planning and implementation of a new ..Bill of Rights, to headline a New Constitution and a new Independent and socially co-hesive Australia..where Honesty,Integrity,and the words
a 'fair go' apply in the True sense of the term.

Yeah free country ............................... but compulsory to vote and fined if you don't ...................... yep that's freedom :N: But then it's the great aussie saying "she will be right mate " attitude that hasn't helped over many decades. :eek:

I hear you Bogger!..And your right about the complacency ingrained within our DNA... :/
Still... there must be a way ahead!...or we are doomed.

Rule 4: "Due to varying beliefs and opinions, discussions directly relating to politics or religion are not permitted."

Getting a bit borderline on a few of these comments fellas.

Starting to worry me too.
I think the world of you guy's but please take it easy.
I know it is a bit hard not to be able to discuss some
of the issues we have in Politic's but this type of conversation
falls into a poo fight real quick.
Ta.
Doug

All mine reefer ,.... spur of the moment this morning ,.... just thought I'd better rise to the occasion since goldengoose was calling me out lol. :D

Well, you have done a beautiful thing Silver! :Y: You can be very proud of that little piece. :cool: Well thought out and crafted in your usual..un-usual style, but this time a lot more concise and succinct!. :Y: :Y: Good job!...if I may, and you'll excuse me, I might turn from you at this time to address Heatho and Tathradj.
Gentlemen...I hear you! ]:D
If I may say...It is not my intention to create a situation adverse to the spirit of the forum...I have done enough damage to my credibility already. :p However, this is the General Chat Section so I do feel that the licence you have given thus far in this thread has been admiral and very patient of you both.In much of my travelling out on the diggins'..I have found a recurring theme in the sentiment of those who tend to gravitate towards me.And that is of the need for a 'paradigm' shift in the way we govern this country.
It is not my intention to ignore the forum rules..I am chastened enough so as to put into question much of what I would like to do in terms of my writing in general.And for me, that's bordering on un-acceptability. This forum has given me a great deal in terms of companionship and an outlet for my writing.It has more than anything else however, given me back my 'life' ...which to a large degree was one of motivating and rectifying unsavoury or unacceptable behaviour in Council staff who found themselves on Level Two of the Disciplinary Code,and get them back on track and contributing to the team effort..never mind the the 10acres of garden and sportsgrounds I had responsibility for! :p so I know where you guys are coming from in terms of..'keeping the peace' ]:D This Forum has put a lot of things in perspective and introduced me to some incredibly wonderful people....and I am more grateful for that than I can say..or write.

Well said Reefer and I respect your argument for a bit of a political discussion thread but the reality is that every single time we have let a thread go on with political talk it has descended into a total shite storm. First the arguing members will call each other names, then we start deleting stuff and the mod team gets called names (nazi, dictator, fascist just to name a few), then there is a ban or two, then the thread gets locked, then under protest it gets reopened, then it starts again and we lock and delete the thread after another ban or 2......

Just banning politcal discussion saves having to ban any members from the forum (which we hate doing), saves locking threads, saves us looking like dictator-nazi-fascists :D , and saves us a lot of work.

We have seen it way too many times. :|

My family have been in Australia since the second fleet, I have a few political ideas of my own but will just tend to bite my tongue when polital discussions are started. :)

Those who have heard me go of about politics and the way they work would know
where I am coming from.
I stated a long time ago that I could peel the paint off the walls of Parliament House
in the first few phrases and then descend into a tirade that would make the average
Joe Blow quake in thought.
I once suggested the same thing what you did Reefer, A devoted sub section where one could
air their views without fear of being castigated and cast into into the realms of Walkabout.
I had to cringe and go hide under a rock for a while after that one. LOL
The only way I can put this is,
Your views and comments are highly respected but your decision to withhold from
doing so in here is appreciated.
I at times have had to bite my bum from doing so myself as my standing with both being a
moderator and Committee member of NAPFA prevents me from doing so.
We us Moderators do hate being picked on for doing our jobs but rest be assured, We intend to
keep this Forum the way it is and has been for quite a few more years yet.
Thanks,
Doug

Ok!....It seems there are a few members that think something should be done,in respect of the direction the nation is going.It also appears as though there are at least two moderators who would have a great deal to say and contribute..no doubt in a very tangible and enlightened way!....but there is no way to talk about it...for fear of someone being offended and /or having a contrary view.
It strikes me that this place is an Ideal meeting place of like-minded ordinary people who could make a huge contribution to the start of change for the better...they just need to know there is a place for them to make that contribution...if not here then where?
Has Napfa even considered the idea of representation at the State and Federal level.
The rhetoric I heard from two of the committee impressed me greatly when they were waxing lyrical around the campfire on Friday night of the AGM.! I refer specifically to Shaun...sorry I did not catch his last name and Stephen Riley....but I would not discount Stephen Dangaard .I see that the website has a 'blog' section..is that a viable place to air opinions...
I ask you....something has got to be begun..any suggestions from anyone would be gratefully and carefully considered...

Latest posts