On this day in 1854 Eureka Stockade attacked

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho.. Doug..call off the dogs.! ]:D Heatho, I did not suggest that you do so my friend..I was merely acknowledging that if a separate section were to be created ,I have no doubt that yourself and Doug would most likely play an important role and contribute some solid and down to earth ideas!...to the conversation.
The forum is what it is..I know that!..I ask you though.. to define what is 'political' speak and what isn't..no more talk of access on here, no more talk about highbanking on here,because they are both 'political topics' no matter which way you look at it...and there are a host of conversations on here which could be classified as 'dodgy' as well.
With great respect and wishing you a 'Merry Christmas'...oops..sorry that's religious stuff isn't it! :p :8 sorry I think I broke the rules again :D ]:D hehe!...all power to you mate..just kidding!..Regards ..Rossco.

Reefer,
How do you compete with your enemy,
Simple. Don't give away your tactics.
Most of it was outlined at the meeting Cobber. :D :D

What is about to happen is important enough for me to go to
Sydney for a meeting.
Yes, There is an important step in the process of having the current
unfair regulations over turned and we have the information to do so.
There are some things that you just cannot reveal until due process has
been adhered to.
Do you think you are the only ones who have a shed full of equipment
just sitting there and gathering dust. ?
All I ask for is just have a little faith in what we committee members are up to.
And we have it on our side now.
Reefer, You like me and every one else have a passion for our hobby but the
old days of rebellion in the sense of words are not the same.
It takes a bloody lot of planning, gathering proof and being able to state the
short fallings correctly to garner results and it is not an easy task.
So What is going to happen when we successfully achieve what we set out to do. ?
Every say's You Buety. Then things go back to normal.
It is a monumental task to perform so just have a little patience and respect for us Cobber.

And here is my 2c worth... Political, Religion, and 'Subjects' like SSM, Terrorism ECT Should be left for the Kitchen Table... Not Here, as We All have seen what happens when some-one doesn't like some-one else's comments... Perhaps you could put up a Poll to see how people feel about a 'Un-Political Correct' Sticky.... Could be Fun Tho :lol:

Would Double the Mods work too.... ]:D

Sorry for Your Loss Goldtruck... I Lost my Mum 35yrs ago and I still Miss Her.... :brokenh:

LW..... :rainbow: (yay) :party:

Here is an Idea... :lol: Lets let NAPFA and 'The Committee' have some more time on this cause Nothing is going to happen till Well after Xmas... Pollies Hollies... Lets give NAPFA, say 'To the End of March' to Report on the Situation when they have had their Meetings... If WE Discuss 'Tactics' on here, Do you Think WE have a Hope of getting these Rules Changed? .... :|

Im with NAPFA on Their 'Secret Squirrel' Stance... at least for the Time Being... 8)

LW.... :rainbow: (yay) :party:

As the bloke that started this conversation it was all about reminding us that in 1854 a bunch of people stood up for their rights to operate as miners against a government direction they found unjust. Still relevant today as we struggle against bureaucrats who want to deny or limit the pursuit of a healthy and beneficial hobby .

My original post was not intended to create an avenue for commentary on contemporary general politics in Australia and I agree that that is a taboo subject in this forum....but there needs to be a place to remember those who stood their ground at Eureka and draw parallels to the challenges we [prospectors and fossickers face today.

... More than likely We won't know Anything by March :rolleyes: as Well.. We All know how Slow, things work... Yes it has been awhile since We have Heard Anything, I Agree.... . But We at least have to Give NAPFA some time as they just can't Demand a Meeting with the 'Powers to Be".... Time to Be Patient, Enjoy Xmas and Wait a bit more ..... :p ;) .. :Y:

And Nobody is Meaning Anything about the 'Purpose" of your post Mike. (A very Fitting Topic/Post I think :Y: ).. This is just How a Topic Can 'Change' and take a Different Road.. :rolleyes: O:)

LW..... :rainbow: :party:

None of this has anything to do with the Eureka Stockade, But saying that this forum needs a place/section where the more modern problems can be discussed such as this. NAPFA is not that bigger deal and committees can't resolve anything without support from many voices,

Like it or not all this stuff needs to be bought out in the open and have voices heard. Only by showing complete unity will people be heard. But if people can't talk here or Agree to talk here then everyone falls at the first hurdle then you might as well give up now.

People need to forget the political side of things and focus on the issues and how to resolve them and/or work towards an even playing field.

Good Luck, :Y:

About the Rebellion, That will never be forgotten on what happened on that Fateful day. They fought with fire in their eye's and
some gave their lives for freedom from an unjust ruling and greed.
Today we fight with Paper Work and Pens.

Thank You.
I and a lot of people really appreciate that. :Y: :Y:

LoneWolf said:
Here is an Idea... :lol: Lets let NAPFA and 'The Committee' have some more time on this cause Nothing is going to happen till Well after Xmas... Pollies Hollies... Lets give NAPFA, say 'To the End of March' to Report on the Situation when they have had their Meetings... If WE Discuss 'Tactics' on here, Do you Think WE have a Hope of getting these Rules Changed? .... :|

Im with NAPFA on Their 'Secret Squirrel' Stance... at least for the Time Being... 8)

LW.... :rainbow: (yay) :party:

Keep the nip'n n tuck'n to a bear minimum mate !
People may come up with an external venue upon which the march can continue and it will need a diving board from which to leap into that dark grey area here so as to bounce out into the light elsewhere in its most appropriate of spots away... away.... from PA
(You know I mean a link hey :Y: lol)

I'd also like to add that this forum really does not have an American style first amendment free speech, there are certain things that will not be tolerated on here. The are set rules and if they are not followed then there will be a problem. The rules were introduced to stop the forum becoming a mess, so everyone can enjoy it and read about prospecting, it's not soap box for people to preach from.

The above comment not aimed at anyone in particular, it's just a reminder that we have rules here which should be understood and followed. Even the American forums don't have free speech.

There are many other Detecting forums that have sections where people can talk about politics, Legal issues and religion, I have never been a fan of such things but some folks enjoy the banter, It might be better for all if such things were discussed elsewhere, but in one respect it would be helpful for such things to be discussed here because NAPFA are here and so are the prospectors which makes it hard to decide what is right for the forum,

tough choice aye. :Y:

RR,
Where did that come from. ? :Y: :Y: :Y:
That would have to be your post of the year.
What you have outlined is the exact dilemma
we us Moderators face.
There was a lot more comments in my post but I removed
them as they were too strongly worded.
Reefer, The Olive branch is accepted.
The post will be cleaned out shortly.

Ridge Runner said:
There are many other Detecting forums that have sections where people can talk about politics, Legal issues and religion, I have never been a fan of such things but some folks enjoy the banter, It might be better for all if such things were discussed elsewhere, but in one respect it would be helpful for such things to be discussed here because NAPFA are here and so are the prospectors which makes it hard to decide what is right for the forum,

tough choice aye. :Y:

Not really John, it's an easy choice. Of course we are going to allow NAPFA and other prospecting associations a voice here, talking about changing legislation such as the NSW highbanking issue is not necessarily talking politics.

Talking about the way the country is run and the differing opinions of the members here about such is talking politics.

There is reason that this is one of the best forums on the net and remember I've said to you in the past that "sometimes less is more". I think it's what we leave out of this forum is what makes it so great.

Back on topic please folk's.
Any other post not pertaining to
the original post's topic will be removed.
Without explanation...

Latest posts