ON The Hustings With Danny13

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the top close up of the ring too, looks like one of the claws is coming loose mate,
probably an easy fix though, don't want another stone to fa

Check out the top close up of the ring too, looks like one of the claws is coming loose mate,
probably an easy fix though, don't want another stone to fall out.
Thanks for the heads up mate, once I collect it will secure the stone.

On the hustings on a few occasions coming into winter. Posting now as I had a nice find 3 months ago and have been able to collect the items after handing them in. A ring with 3 garnets although once again managed to hit one stone out with the digger and what seems to be a matching chain . Also just the usual coinage and a costume ring. Here are the pics . Detector used ctx 3030. Happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2709.jpeg
    IMG_2709.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2703.jpeg
    IMG_2703.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Tourmaline comes in a very wide array of colours and tones and also multi coloured.

https://www.theraregemstonecompany.com/gemology-articles/tourmaline-buying-guide
Paraiba tourmaline is the most valuable though. Check out some of these eyewatering prices.

https://gemstock.org/collection/tourmaline-paraiba/
My wife loves green gemstones, but felt that emeralds generally have a pastier, paler look than tourmaline or tsavorite. Here is a picture of her prized stones.
The one in the necklet is a tourmaline and the one in the ring is a tsavorite. Tsavorite is a slightly softer stone but has a slightly higher refractive index than tourmaline with both being generally higher than emerald.
But as in Heathos post stones can come from a very different location on earth and therefore present in a wide variety of colours, hardnesses and RIs so that these physical properties can overlap making identification difficult. IMG_1827.jpeg

My wife loves green gemstones, but felt that emeralds generally have a pastier, paler look than tourmaline or tsavorite. Here is a picture of her prized stones.
The one in the necklet is a tourmaline and the one in the ring is a tsavorite. Tsavorite is a slightly softer stone but has a slightly higher refractive index than tourmaline with both being generally higher than emerald.
But as in Heathos post stones can come from a very different location on earth and therefore present in a wide variety of colours, hardnesses and RIs so that these physical properties can overlap making identification difficult. View attachment 10579
Thanks for the info. Nice looking gems.

Latest posts