Old Holden Restoration ( with a few modifications )

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Rick, I just noticed you have hidden all the wiring is the battery in the boot ? It looks like you still have the steel head are you using unleaded or a performance fuel ? Mate a few questions but I still keep an interest in the old Holdens. A very good gear box mount, did you make it or buy it ? Once again a great job.

Cheers, DD

Thanks for the interest Danny , battery is in the boot , all fuel lines were re routed and hidden , in these pics you can see the relays fitted to the engine bay which was a necessary evil that I am not really happy with , the gearbox mount was custom made by a local engineer ( pic unpainted ) the banjo diff and ceramic coated headers which came up a treat
1447752693_image.jpg

1447752729_image.jpg

1447752762_image.jpg

1447752799_image.jpg

Is tuned to best perform on 98 octane , pings a bit on 91 unleaded but will run

Thanks again mate but can't find a pic of the battery will take one tomorrow and post

Cheers

Something timeless about the old EH. Beautiful build Bacchus you should be well proud. Old man has one (my granddad owned it from new), always wanted to do one with a V6 commodore motor (I know sacrilege but I thinking economy and reliability for a tourer). Got the shell at the old man's, green Wagon, another family member has called dibs on the XP ute.

Have a few old classic badges and stickers I was thinking of off loading. If anyone wants a few pics I'll pop them up, salvaged from the scrap days.

Goldtarget said:
Something timeless about the old EH. Beautiful build Bacchus you should be well proud. Old man has one (my granddad owned it from new), always wanted to do one with a V6 commodore motor (I know sacrilege but I thinking economy and reliability for a tourer). Got the shell at the old man's, green Wagon, another family member has called dibs on the XP ute.

Have a few old classic badges and stickers I was thinking of off loading. If anyone wants a few pics I'll pop them up, salvaged from the scrap days.

I would not mind seeing a few badges

Cheers, DD

Goldtarget said:

Thanks Goldtarget , would love to see any pics , I know of two with 3.8 V6 conversions one is supercharged and goes like stink , I would love to own an Eh wagon but it would mean a divorce I reckon , they are turning into a good investment and going up in value each year well worth holding onto.

Thanks again

Top job BKM, you get through them pretty quick, I will keep an eye out for the ute you never know I may even see 1 of the feeee around one day.

Cheers, DD

Great job BKM , too many kids mate , when Ramjet checks this thread there will be dribble on the screen :)

Good job all bacchus & BKM both great projects. Bacchus you must have spent some coin on the old girl but it looks like it was worth every cent.
My son is doing a custom cafe racer out of my old cb750f2 supersport atm
Id love to do an old tractor Minniapolis Moline or McCormick Deering or International A series, but space at home is a problem.

G'day Jethro

The old story mate think of a price then double it , the cost did get away from me but don't regret it I kept wanting the best I could afford at the time and very happy with the result. Hope you can post some photos of th cb750 when its completed , a tractor resto would be fantastic and I hope you get to do it some time. My mate has an old Bedford tray top shedded out at his farm that has not moved for 20 years , something tells me that it may be my next project after we have done a bit of travelling , with the kids leaving the nest , we have a few goldfields around Australia to explore.

Cheers

Quality build Bacchus, nice to see it done right. Must have been one of the first EH's, thought they came out in 64, definitely one of the best Holdens for their time.

G'day Magilla

You and most people thought they came out in 1964 , they were actually released in August of 1963 , most dealers had heaps of pre orders so they were not actively advertised until 1964 . I was able to trace mine through the EH car club , it's original colour was Amberley Beige and rolled off the production line in November of 1963 , the " A" in the chassis stamp and vin plate means it came from the Woodville plant in Adelaide which is where I grew up so has special significance to me.

Thanks for your interest , g'day fossicking kid did you get that cricket bat mate ?

1447927284_image.jpg

1447927322_image.jpg

Sweet ride there Bacchus, I can see a few dollars spent there.
I wish I had pics of my EH before and during rebuild not far off finishing it now, can't wait to hear it start been a long time.
Here is a part list of what I have put in mine
VT 5 litre v8 roller cam motor (std stroke atm)
T56 6 speed
Borgwarner diff 4.11 gears
Mal wood heavy duty clutch
V6 conversions front end
4 piston AP racing brakes front 328x28 rotors
2 piston AP racing brakes rear 325x28 rotors
VL manual steering rack
RodsRacks collapse able steering column
RodsRacks chassis kit
Haltech computer
Haltech dash
Engine loom modded by sideshow performance wiring

Can't wait to shed some rubber in the old girl

Hey Peko

That is going to be one tuff machine you are going to need those rotors to pull the bloody thing up , be sure to post some photos when you can I would really love to see them I did see one with a 308 on Carsales for $100 k with an SS dash fitted which would have taken a lot of modification .Certainly something about the old EH's mate and I am glad I'm not the only lunatic on the forum when it comes to Aussie classics , will be a great investment that you can enjoy along the way.

Cheers Heatho , gives me a kick to see so many people that appreciate something truly Australian

:D