off to the dpi tomorrow to change my miner right

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all off to change my miners right tomorrow from a 2 year one that I paid $32 for a 10 year one that only costs around $17 let ya all know how it go's

Probably cost you more than 15 bucks in fuel HTY.

Unless something drastic happens from PMAV, you wont see 10 years worth for your effort mate.

More chance of getting a job in coal.

;)

My Qld prospecting permit for year cost$80....a month was$7 now its $10.80. Some one has to pick up the slack..pffff....Ooooh cheap bread !! Bugger milk and marg gone up! :lol:

Yep - checked and they have updated the website with the price reduction. Buy mine when I get home from work.

lol what a joke I got all the way there and they said sorry because I brought the miners right I have now last year before the price change they wont transform it over to a 10 year one :( ohh well I guess ill wait until my current one runs out then buy a 10 year one

You could get 20 years for the price of an old 2 year license.
As annoying as it is we were happy to pay the price back then.
At least its cheaper for next time.

A thought back to the old timers god bless them.

In the 1850's a Miners Licence was 2 pounds for 3 months. Probably equivalent of about $2000 today

The licence entitled the miner to 3.6 square metres (approx 38.75 sq feet, i.e., 6 feet square) of land, and the fee had to be paid regardless of whether or not gold had been found.

We are blessed with lower fees today, but less gold at shallow depth!

;)

Latest posts