NSW and Victoria detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys iam heading down south from Brisbane over the Xmas holidays with the wife and kids. Im keen to go detecting but don't know the area Iwas thinking of heading somewhere that is close to town so the wife /kids can occupy themselves while I'm in the bush. It's more of a road trip with the family haven got any plans as yet may even get down to Victoria somewhere. I'm hoping to get as much detecting done as possible but am thinking that the wife may get sick of sitting around camp in a dry Barron bush. Can anyone recommend a good spot to detect and camp that might keep the wife amused?

That's a hard call for Vic around that time of year and with the anticipated drier than average weather over that time there's no easy answer put simply. What machine are you using that'll help with any suggestions from others who have experience with your chosen gear. The GT (Golden Triangle) is a huge geographical location with heaps to do and see but can be a tough going (detecting) during summer.

RM Outback said:
That's a hard call for Vic around that time of year and with the anticipated drier than average weather over that time there's no easy answer put simply. What machine are you using that'll help with any suggestions from others who have experience with your chosen gear. The GT (Golden Triangle) is a huge geographical location with heaps to do and see but can be a tough going (detecting) during summer.

Hi rm iam using a GPX 5000 not sure what coil it is I think it's an advantage mono would that be right? It's grey and oval shaped I've only been detecting for gold over the last month or so. Been to Clermont and Warwick .. before that I was swinging a 3030 both equally as addictive.

Latest posts