Not long to freedom!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first post.....just new to prospecting (relatively new) and looking at retiring end of January - prospecting/fossicking/swimming/fishing/camping will be our new favourite passtimes. I have been following this forum for a little while and enjoy reading the posts. Very infomative - especially from Wal n Liz. We are going to take on the challenge of the highbanker! Will let you know how this turns out. Just in the motions of getting all our gear together and doing our research so when we finish work (for good) we will be ready to go. I have had the Minelab XTerra and have just upgraded a few months ago to the GPX5000 each. Went to Hill End and had a training day - found lots of nails, bullets and even an old horseshoe! Can't believe how sensitive these detectors are.....anyway, I could rave on all day - I won't - I'm just excited! Happy days.....

Hi penfooey.
welcome to PA.
Sounds like you have a great retirement plan :)
You also have the right equipment to do the job.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of helpful people on the forum.

Ramjet

Hi Penfooey & welcome to the group.
Sounds like you got all the right gear and with lots of practice & research I hope you'll do well.

Welcome to the forum Penfooey. Retirement is a great time to take up this wonderful hobby, as time will be on your side. The upgrade to a 5000 will certainly pay off, and with a bit of luck and research, all your petrol bills may be subsidized by the gold you unearth.

Best of luck, and look forward to chatting and sharing the adventure.

Cheers Wal.

Way to go Penfooey,
Retired in 2008, don't know how I kept up with 12 hour shifts and all the around house jobs.
We spent 2 months on the goldfields this past winter, didn't find a fortune but sure loved the free camping and new friends along the way in our great outback.
Now trying to get all the projects done before next season. :)
Good luck with your ventures, stop to smell the roses along the way and enjoy.

Cheers
Peter & Carol

Welcome Penfooey Congrats on retirement and having the time to chase the gold :) good luck with everything mate i'm sure this will be one hell of an exiting time for you all the best.

Thank you all - yes, I can't wait to stop these long shifts. I am currently in WA on FIFO on the Wheatstone Gas Project and have been FIFO for the last 7 years......I live in Bulli - Wollongong so won't miss this type of travel. I work a three week on and 1 week off roster.......bring on the freedom.

My other half is working in QLD on FIFO and is currently studying Wal's highbanker plans! Don't expect anything too soon from us, we still have a lot to do before end of Jan - this pesky work gets in the way.

Latest posts