Not even the grass can be moved in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There Is one thing you all are missing or have not noticed, No Disrespect Meant, But.

Have you noticed how all possible productive lands get put up as out of bounds Areas and then Some big company comes in and Starts Drilling doing Core samples and then No one is allowed to go there and then some big mining Corp sets up Shop and then Digs holes 1 K deep and 5 Ks wide. Even Over Sea's companies are buying Contracts from the Government Including China, but regardless of where they are from, Your Right to Mine is being slowly taken away In favour of Under the Counter Deals with foreign Countries, Just look up how many mines have popped up in the last 5 or 10 years and checkout where they are.

Food for thought, Aye ??

John.

Ridge Runner. Follow the money. How come a particular country can import gas from Australia cheaper than we can get it here. Work that out.
Did u know that we don't even own our own grain we grow. Canada own a good deal of it.

It all sucks. Sorry for the rant but it really p#/$ me orrf

Tathradj when you keep getting kicked in the teeth,from these people,we have to have a loud voice,regardless whether it is political or not.

Regards Frank

Ridge Runner said:
Have you noticed how all possible productive lands get put up as out of bounds Areas and then Some big company comes in and Starts Drilling doing Core samples and then No one is allowed to go there
They do that in NSW by declaring areas as State Conservation Areas (SCA's) under the National Parks banner.
They are 99% (only a few relatively small areas have permission or restricted permissions in place) off limits to the hobbyist fossicker/prospector.
Exploration & mining activities are permissible though subject to NSW & Commonwealth legislation that regulates the impacts of development on threatened species, native vegetation, air & noise pollution, rivers & groundwater, Aboriginal & historic heritage. My opinion is, unless pre-existing, these requirements now would only be financially viable for larger operators not small scale blokes.
There are areas of active mining in some NSW SCA's but I can't use a detector & pick.
They take over other old mining/quarrying, burr infested, feral animal infested etc. areas, misc. crown lands & suddenly they are pristine wilderness not to be disturbed by man's activities :lol: I just don't get it.
There are areas that do need to be protected, no doubts, but it's becoming a sick joke - $900,000 for grass :rolleyes: he could start his own turf farm

Wishfull said:
Ridge Runner. Follow the money. How come a particular country can import gas from Australia cheaper than we can get it here. Work that out.
Did u know that we don't even own our own grain we grow. Canada own a good deal of it.

It all sucks. Sorry for the rant but it really p#/$ me orrf

I hear ya Buddy, Over here the Gas comes from Russia and the French own the power Companies ( Some ) and the EU dictates what farmers can grow and if they grow too much the farmers have to give it to them for FREE and the French own the Car Park Franchise, And the french power companies are doing a deal with China to Build a Nuke Power station for the French company In The UK that Supplies some of the UK's Power which will end up costing the Consumer Twice as much as it does Now,

The UK have built their own power stations before, As to why they need the French or the Chinese is beyond me, After China's success Rate with Nuclear Power Stations, They would be the last folks I would be Calling. Lol

It's A Crazy world But If miners and prospectors and Fossickers Don't stand together then You are going to run out of land to detect because those companies Have Land ear marked for the next 50 years, And that's all very well But how on earth are Minelab and Coiltek going to scratch out a living if there is no places to detect, The Implications of this are a lot bigger than just not being allow on Public Land, How can they Sell Public Land when YOU Own It, That's why it is Called Public Land. It is Owned By Everyone.

Arrrrrr, That's Better. I'm Goood :lol: :mad: :mad:

John.

mbasko said:
Ridge Runner said:
Have you noticed how all possible productive lands get put up as out of bounds Areas and then Some big company comes in and Starts Drilling doing Core samples and then No one is allowed to go there
They do that in NSW by declaring areas as State Conservation Areas (SCA's) under the National Parks banner.
They are 99% (only a few relatively small areas have permission or restricted permissions in place) off limits to the hobbyist fossicker/prospector.
Exploration & mining activities are permissible though subject to NSW & Commonwealth legislation that regulates the impacts of development on threatened species, native vegetation, air & noise pollution, rivers & groundwater, Aboriginal & historic heritage. My opinion is, unless pre-existing, these requirements now would only be financially viable for larger operators not small scale blokes.
There are areas of active mining in some NSW SCA's but I can't use a detector & pick.
They take over other old mining/quarrying, burr infested, feral animal infested etc. areas, misc. crown lands & suddenly they are pristine wilderness not to be disturbed by man's activities :lol: I just don't get it.
There are areas that do need to be protected, no doubts, but it's becoming a sick joke - $900,000 for grass :rolleyes: he could start his own turf farm

Back in the 80s they come in on my land, knocking down fences etc , So I told em If they did not get off my property I would give em a lift in the ear, I asked them what they were doing and they said just testing the Soil and I told em that I never asked for it to be tested and they would not say who it was for, And after a big stink they put a compulsory perchase order on it but be for they would release the money I had to agree to give them a certain amount of land ( For Parks ) Lol yeah Right,

Still burns my Azz to this day.

John.

Everyone should just head bush and throw the companies Out, They will never look after the Bush like we do, and their only worried about getting their Cut and give away Aussie Money to Off Shore Investers, Bugger them if they aren't prepared to do the digging then they get nothing.

We can't use a Rake in the bush yet they can be let loose with Tons of TNT, So how on earth are they going to put the Bush back as it was after Blasting and then driving it miles from where it came from, ?

The whole thing is a Joke.

there needs to be some better laws inplace for small scale miners because the way it's going small scale mining will the Dead soon in Victoria because rules and laws are just too tight i know a lot of blokes that are giving there leases up because they just can't afford shite like this anymore the government only wants the bigger mining companys with big money behind them to do mineinig in Victoria.

Hunting the yellow said:
there needs to be some better laws inplace for small scale miners because the way it's going small scale mining will the Dead soon in Victoria because rules and laws are just too tight i know a lot of blokes that are giving there leases up because they just can't afford shite like this anymore the government only wants the bigger mining companys with big money behind them to do mineinig in Victoria.

The reason they want bigger companies in there is because they find more which means more Tax money for the Government, If a man could guarantee 1000 ounces per season then they would bend the rules to keep you happy

What burns my Butt is that you can't use a rake, But they can Blow 10 million tons of rock out of the Ground and that's OK,

There is too many under the counter Deals going On, and it is funny how those who help these companies have an instant up grade in their Living Standards, This is why their Before and after Accounts should be public property and Ban all Politicians for holding Off Shore Accounts along with immediate members of their families along with doing pre and After checks on them as well and any companies and Shares that they have interest in.

I don't like political comments but I saw some of the above when our Land became of interest to them, But if you check up on such people you will see how they have a sudden change of Fortune.

John.

limpalot said:
Freehold Land, our original title said we owned the first 15 ft, I have been told that was changed and now you don't even own 15 ". Don't know when or by whom.

I was talking to a bloke from a mining company a while ago and I said to him that in S.A. you only own the first 6 inches (no rude comments here) and he goes well there are ways around that, like you scrape of the first 6 inches put it in a pile, dig your gold or whatever cover the hole in and with the dirt you saved in the pile put back over the top.
Not sure how you'd go with that unless you had lots of big dollars behind you.

I've looked up current mining leases on Yorke Peninsula S.A. and practically the whole of it is covered by leases ffs. Then I looked up S.A itself and heaps of the state is covered as well. So you might be out in the bush somewhere and get told to shove off because your on a mining lease. I suppose next it will be no detecting on beaches.

Wishfull said:
I've looked up current mining leases on Yorke Peninsula S.A. and practically the whole of it is covered by leases ffs. Then I looked up S.A itself and heaps of the state is covered as well. So you might be out in the bush somewhere and get told to shove off because your on a mining lease. I suppose next it will be no detecting on beaches.

So what I said is true then, And they have already sold everyone Out, :mad: :mad: :mad:

Azzholes.

John.

Yeah it would be nice to see them chage the law's to make it cheaper for us small scale miners and prospectors especially on land bonds witch cost from 10 thousand up to 20 thousand just for the bond then there's the actual lease cost of 5 thousand so all up 25k for the average person to pay for the lease which most don't have that much money just sitting around then there's the costs of making your own mine safe from the general public as well as the costs of machinery and explosives to be able to mine the gold.

Hunting the yellow said:
Yeah it would be nice to see them chage the law's to make it cheaper for us small scale miners and prospectors especially on land bonds witch cost from 10 thousand up to 20 thousand just for the bond then there's the actual lease cost of 5 thousand so all up 25k for the average person to pay for the lease which most don't have that much money just sitting around then there's the costs of making your own mine safe from the general public as well as the costs of machinery and explosives to be able to mine the gold.

They should do away with the bond because they will get their cut anyway once the Gold is sold, It's public land, How can they Sell or Lease out what the public already Own,, That's like me selling you Your Own Car.

Now I know they think that we are stupid, It's time for a Change, They have stuffed everything from Fishing to Shooting and now Prospecting is under threat, Selling of Land and Gold that belongs to the Public,

Those companies come In and Rape the place and then there is nothing left Not within the first 1000 meters of the surface and what happens to all the Companies that make their living by selling/making anything to do with Detecting or Prospecting, I know China and Some countries in the Gulf have been buying up a lot of Gold and it makes me wonder how much of it is Stolen from OZ.

John.

Latest posts