Not even the grass can be moved in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that we as prospectors and fossickers should show full support for the Vic Gov decision unless we want to see amendments to the miners right and so forth and have it applied to everyone..

greencheeks77 said:
I believe that we as prospectors and fossickers should show full support for the Vic Gov decision unless we want to see amendments to the miners right and so forth and have it applied to everyone..

Nope.
Prospectors and Miners.. have to stand together and fight together. One does not throw the other under the bus.

They get one thing through then they start on the other, it's a snow ball effect. They don't stop at one thing.

madtuna said:
greencheeks77 said:

Nope.
Prospectors and Miners.. have to stand together and fight together. One does not throw the other under the bus.

They get one thing through then they start on the other, it's a snow ball effect. They don't stop at one thing.

Agreed ! This is the thin edge of a wedge to eventually stop all of us from accessing land for prospecting/fossicking .

madtuna said:
greencheeks77 said:

Nope.

That's a 'fair' call

Gotta agree with madtuna, it is the thin edge of the wedge. Victoria had seemed to fairly good with its mining rules, but this seems like going back to when the greenies had everyone locked out of the bush. We've seen the devastation that is caused by hairbrained greenie schemes - 2011 I think it was, some of the most devastating bushfires since Black Friday, probably worse.

I know that gets off the point a bit, but this is where these stupid bloody laws lead to. Don't know who your organisation is in Vic but you should get behind your mining/prospecting/fossicking type association. You will never achieve anything on your own, you need numbers. That's how all these radicals work, eg The Greens.

Best of luck. I thought we had it tough here in Qld, but even we haven't gone that far - YET.

we as prospectors, fossickers or miners need to stick together i think, no matter what part of this country we come from, what form of fossicking your into, this affects us one and all.
these blokes have to pay $900 grand to move some grass or dig near a tree, it is becoming a joke, what ever happened to letting a guy have a fair go and making a living
sorry for the rant
jamie

Just posted this to the PMAV,s Facebook page.
Because of my standing here and our rules on Politics's I can not
say what I would like to but this is starting to wear a very thin line.
Only comment I will make is this is just theoretical, ill conceived,
extremest Bull Crap.
What is this country coming too.
It appears the Greens think and have way, way too much power.
What do they want. All of Australia declared a National Park.?
Not far of it people.
Rant Closed...

Well..basically what's going on down here is going to mostly be declared national park. I've been sayin it for a long time The Great National Park scheme. Even farmers are loosing grazing leases over it

All I can say is..wow, what a heap.

Cash grab for trees!
If they make it financially not viable by charging a penalty for clearing grass then the grass would not be removed.
The cash sounds like it does not even go back into restoring the land after mining has ceased. This is another expense to add for the miner.

If you see these orchids in your travels please quietly plant one in Spring st gardens, corner of Flinders st. Call the newspapers and alert them of this unique and rare orchid !!
Lets see the 7 km rule and charged fees apply to all buildings and gardens surrounding it in the CBD. :)

It has really got me going now.
As a lot of people know, I am an advocate for fair access and laws
pertaining to prospecting.
This sort of thing has to be stopped as it is just gone to far now.
Funny how we have prospecting written into the constitution quite
a few times yet it is being by passed.

How many of you prospectors belong to the PMAV.
There is a lot prospectors who take all the benefits the the PMAV have got us,keeping areas open for prospecting,but will not cough up for the assocation.
There is a lot that bludge on the PMAV,so I say cough up so we can stick together.
The green movement is a cancer.

Regards Frank

I am in NSW and am an active member of NAPFA.
I will be joining PMAV at the Gold Bash as I will be
talking to a lot of people about these stupid issues
that are just Gob Smackingly wrong.
If you can't get em with legislation,
If you can't get em with Tree's,
Get em at the grass roots level.
I better clam up as I am not putting a good image across
as a Moderator and Political views.
Sorry about that and if any one gets upset, I can remove it.
Dam I am pissed off. Just wait until I get home....

If they just wait till summer time there won't be any grass so problem solved. The only prob will be the do gooders will then be complaining that there's no food for the Roos and they should be fed. I say all for it love feeding Roos with lead they thrive on it.

thedigger said:
How many of you prospectors belong to the PMAV.
There is a lot prospectors who take all the benefits the the PMAV have got us,keeping areas open for prospecting,but will not cough up for the assocation.
There is a lot that bludge on the PMAV,so I say cough up so we can stick together.
The green movement is a cancer.

Regards Frank

Spot on thedigger, tireless volunteers working their but off for the benefit of all who pursue gold/gems & minerals.

So if your not a member of your states respective lobby group, time you put your money where your mouth is & cough up. Not just the membership consider a donation as well, every dollar counts.

The environmental groups have a shit load more money than our respective lobby groups. Which is used to pursue their ideologies which inturn challenges our opportunity to maintain access to public (and in some cases private) land. Some of the environmental ideologies that make it through legislation can & does affect private land.

So please sign up

If the mods deem this post against the rules please remove. I hope not

Tath If anyone sees what you have said as being "political views" then they are on the wrong team!
Sure it could be classed as political discussion but it's not pushing one political party or extreme political view over another! It's about our basic right to fossick/prospect & making sure all of the bastards, regardless of political standing or persuasion, recognise that.

Things like this make it quite apparent that we need to be seen to be doing the right thing.
There's no doubt there are people & Greens groups just waiting for any opportunities to jump on something to promote their agenda, which ultimately IMO is to stop as much small scale mining as they can including us hobby prospecting/fossicking. The fight against the big boys can be too hard so they nip at the low hanging fruit.

I'm assuming that this will place the currently permitted fossicking/prospecting in Paddy's Ranges State Park in jeopardy too?

Latest posts