Noob Questions ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brother

Rob Tingay
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Gday all, got a Fossickers Licence today for me and family at the Mareeba Heritage center. Good place some cool old stuff!

Anyway, now comes the part when ya look for Permission? Now I supose it comes down to who ya know?
Any tips or advice with this would be helpfull as me and sons dont want to get shot at or anything like that! :8

Keen to get out there, im up north of Cairns, and Im a noob here too (6months).

? :)

Hey Brother, I was there this morning as well, it's a good little spot. Tyrconnell is a place to have a shot if you want to do a bit of research. I haven't been there yet but Tenounce Tone has had a bit of a sniff around and has a bit of colour. It's a shame I didn't know you were at the Heritage centre i could have given you the Bazooka. Looks like it's thursday as planned.

Oh bumma, Oh well, was on a Wife run! not planed last min thing.
Thanks man :8

Ok guys and gals, is there any thing you should or should not say? when asking for permission!
Getting put off before even getting the pan in!
So far im hit with OH&S and insurance! Just had a feeling this crap would come up! :rolleyes:
Is this the brick wall others hit?? And how to get around it? Is there a course in OH&S to help us? Do we need insurance?
Its just not that simple is it!
Or do ya just keep asking??

The easiest thing to do is to create an indemnity form waiving the property owner of any liability. Some still may not be happy with that but its legal.
I had posted a sample of one I found online, I will see if I can find it.

Keep asking, a gentle approach usually works best, some people are just rude, the majority will wish you good luck and may be interested in seeing what you find.

Mmm.. the waiver could be a good one!!?
To be fair I have only asked 3 land owners so far, 1 guy looked at me like I was a complete Spanner! :/ We both had a laugh.. well he did.. :8
Needles to say I went home thinking he may be right????

Dont get me wrong, its all very nice and friendly, a little bla bla on health and safety, and if anything went wrong.. so on. And I agree, and dont argue. But....
I shall not quit.

Cheers, Bro

Latest posts