No water in Deep Creek, where to go?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there rock washers, where does everyone go when there is no water at Deep Creek? Looking for anywhere within 2 or 3 hours of Brisbane. Does that pretty much mean I head to NSW?

Well there are a few spots i could send you to.....
Last fella i helped i put him on to a 7.2gram nugget i think he ended up with 13gm for the day...im sure you already know of these spots aggro... :D

yobskin said:
Well there are a few spots i could send you to.....
Last fella i helped i put him on to a 7.2gram nugget i think he ended up with 13gm for the day...im sure you already know of these spots aggro... :D

Sounds great mate! I love only been to deep creek and Uralla for a couple of hours on my way through once.

We should meet up and give them a go. PM me if you don't mind. Cheers.

Hi Aggro,

I agree with the comments from the other members. If you do go out to Warwick and you plan on running your sluice, then try and make contact with a member or someone there and check it out before you go.

The issue is...some of the creeks there can be bone dry too. Last time I was at Thanes Creek, there was a ton of water but it had rained regularly before that....apparently that creek can dry up.

If you go to Glendons Property at Warwick you can pretty much do anything and they have lots of dam water there.

If detecting...it's no issue and there is heaps of ground to swing at Warwick and gold still being turned up there.

I was at Deep Creek Gympie yesterday and there was no flow. I have never seen it that dry !!

One of the blokes (Jason) suggested taking a pump and pumping water back up the dry creek to 'replace' the original water..then run a sluice. I think this is a great idea...as the pump is not being used to 'fossick'...it's just relocating water.

I don't have a big pump so I cant do that...but it's a fantastic idea.

cheers
Mike : :)

That pump Idea is good, be good to get the water back from that big pond where we usually sluice Mike, you know where we saw the big Taipan swimming across.

All the snakes will be around the water holes to catch a feed n keep cool ! :eek:
Case of edge the snakes to one side so you can dig or sit down ,.... be a thousand pair of eyes on you all day everyday down there, the council should bait them with lead pellets to make it safe for once ! ;)

silver said:
All the snakes will be around the water holes to catch a feed n keep cool ! :eek:
Case of edge the snakes to one side so you can dig or sit down ,.... be a thousand pair of eyes on you all day everyday down there, the council should bait them with lead pellets to make it safe for once ! ;)
Carefull Silver....There are a few snake lovers on this fourm :eek: :eek: :eek: And they will bite back faster than a tipan ...IMO :p :p :p :D

Pumping the water back up the creek in genius! But yeah, I don't have a pump suitable for that. I might just stick to moving the taipans and browns out the way and do some panning.

Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Carefull Silver....There are a few snake lovers on this fourm :eek: :eek: :eek: And they will bite back faster than a tipan ...IMO :p :p :p :D
I remember the good old days Smokey, when even grannies wouldn't think twice about grabbing a snake by the tail and crackjng it like a whip to break its neck, seen my Mum throw a shovel through the air like a javelin to cut off a snakes head first throw, tough old ladies back then (and still now). :lol:
Maybe the council could go down and just shoo them away instead ! :lol:

Yeah silver they were tough alright, to throw a shove and cut It's head off, now that's some feat. I knew blokes back home could crack a whip from their horse and break a snakes back.

Just shoot them.

Latest posts