no idea but its gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys
dont know if this is the section, over the weekend i went for a hunt with the AT pro, got alot of junk heaps of pull tabs, bottle caps and cr@p, then i had a really solid id show up was reading from 77-79 bouncing back and forth i thought yay a silver or somthing along those lines, havent cleaned it up in the ultrasonic bath just with a toothbrush and some hot soapy water, and took it into work to check it out on the electronic acid tester it reads 750/18k or more ( not the best tester but can tell if its copper filled etc ) here is a pic please let me know what you think it could be,
1403607578_20140624_193232-optimized.jpg

and a pic next to lighter for sizing
1403607625_20140624_193116-optimized.jpg

cheers for looking guys im very surprised at this find and the id it was reading
HH drys :D

i have no clue about this its still reading 18kt gold on the acid tester even after a deep file,
it looks to be cut on one end my thought it could be a piece of jewellers scrap?
or could have been wrapped around a crystal im stumped lol
thanks for looking guys might have to just put it in the weird finds pile for now

Latest posts