Newby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Nugget
thanks for getting us started again.
Abit about us we are live in Yeppoon QLD took up detecting last september headed to Clermont QLD had hired 2 GPX 5000 loved it bought one.
Few weeks later headed back to Clermont first time on our own with (Moana) 5000 thats her name found our first nugget.
Headed to Warwick for Xmas to Duraki 10 days plenty slugs and stuff also a 1.5g that was second trip out with Moana not going to bad for beginners.
got so much to ask and say but think this will do for now.
Happy hunting to all
Kim-Margaret

Welcome to the forum .... and well done on your finds to date, I'm sure many here would love to equal your early success, many it continue for years to come.
So much great info here and plenty of members willing to share info ... try the "search" function, if there's a question I'm sure it's been asked previously and the responses usually provide great info.
Cheers Tom

Welcome aboard,

Best of luck with getting on the gold, a little colour in the pan is all it takes :)

Cheers, V_8

G'day Kim-Marg!
Yeppoon you say?
Thats where i was born.....many, many moons ago. Still get back there to see some of the fam every now and then.
Make sure u take that 5000 of yours out to Mnt Wheeler, its close and people are still pulling nugnug's out there. I went there at xmas time for a swing just for a couple of hours, to releive the fever, ran out of water after a few hours so i pulled the pin.
Take it easy

Hi Trenchfighter

Funny thing you mention Mt wheeler we took a look around there last year before we got Moana 5000 was unsure if they allow detecting there, although we did decide to take another look in a few days. Is there a track to the MT that stands out you can tell us about, be great to know what to look for. We been here 32 years got a buisness here Kims 58 went to school in Rochampton he is a Salmond might know of him?
Thanks K&M
trenchfighter said:
G'day Kim-Marg!
Yeppoon you say?
Thats where i was born.....many, many moons ago. Still get back there to see some of the fam every now and then.
Make sure u take that 5000 of yours out to Mnt Wheeler, its close and people are still pulling nugnug's out there. I went there at xmas time for a swing just for a couple of hours, to releive the fever, ran out of water after a few hours so i pulled the pin.
Take it easy

hmmm, a business thats been running for 32 years? is it Woody's ?

Heading to rocky, turn left onto Mackays road, then take ya next obvious right onto Mount Wheeler road.
Follow that right up, go past the sign that says "this road is not maintained by council"
Youll see some old timers dillapidated huts on ya right.
now ya wanna turn left after that, and you'll come to, like a clearing with a concrete table setting and shit.... thats all new to me at xmas time, wasnt there years ago. now anywhere after there really, on the south side of the mountain. U probably will come across a fairly small house sized rock, thats actually been hollowed out, theres aboriginal wall paintings in there. if you wander west of that particular area over the dry creek is quite a few old diggings with the shafts still intact. its pretty cool.
the best advice i can give ya i spose is get on google earth and check it out, be prepared to walk the bush, TAKE PLENTY OF WATER and best of luck to yooz.
Cheers

Thanks for that gunna take alook this afternoon Woody I wish. Central Queensland Concretors PTY just a couple of the old guys left now to many young ones around now.
Heading up to Long Gully in May and over to Clermont April. may catch up some where along the line.
Thanks K&M

trenchfighter said:
hmmm, a business thats been running for 32 years? is it Woody's ?

Heading to rocky, turn left onto Mackays road, then take ya next obvious right onto Mount Wheeler road.
Follow that right up, go past the sign that says "this road is not maintained by council"
Youll see some old timers dillapidated huts on ya right.
now ya wanna turn left after that, and you'll come to, like a clearing with a concrete table setting and shit.... thats all new to me at xmas time, wasnt there years ago. now anywhere after there really, on the south side of the mountain. U probably will come across a fairly small house sized rock, thats actually been hollowed out, theres aboriginal wall paintings in there. if you wander west of that particular area over the dry creek is quite a few old diggings with the shafts still intact. its pretty cool.
the best advice i can give ya i spose is get on google earth and check it out, be prepared to walk the bush, TAKE PLENTY OF WATER and best of luck to yooz.
Cheers

Latest posts