Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys n Girls. Im a newbie to prospecting and metal detecting.
I just brought the XP ORX for the all round ability for gold, park and beach work. Wish me luck.

Welcome aboard cruiser :D
I went to coffs by accident once.... didn't look around, stayed overnight on the northern edge and backtracked a bit to go inland in the morning. I was young and had accidentally driven the coastal road south instead of going the inland route south, was a nice dirt track winding up through some beautiful rainforest full of treeferns and steep edges till we come out up top and I remember seeing what looked like a lot of old train carriages way off over to the right up there at some stage too..... probly should have stayed lol. Some little town up the top there was full of flowering Azaleas, very colourful as I remember it. Ya'd recon there'd be gold everywhere where you are. Take a pan and try the creeks.

Silver
Its a top spot to live thats for sure but like every town on the east coast its filling up fast with people getting out of the big smokes.
Im sure theres gold in the surrounding mountains and creeks I just need to trip over it to find it. Im also keen on the local beaches and old ghost towns for coins etc.
The main thing is my wife is also keen so it a win win.
Cheers all

Hey there Ozcruiser,
I'm also in coffs and a newby.
I've gone with a gold monster in the search for gold. Got a gofind60 for the parks etc. Hasn't been a bad little machine.
Have you put much time on the XP yet?

Hi mate no just been learning how to use it around my trash filled yard.
Im buying light weight gear shovel, sand scoop and half way there making a leaf spring pick for digging hard ground.
I still need some pans and buckets etc but getting there slowly.
My major problem is Im time poor with the job so weekends is my only spare time for everything else.

I understand Goody
Im reading on the forum when I should be mowing the lawn. Its to hot now have to do it later this afternoon. :perfect:

My health has let me down big time...

I am hoping that soon I will be able to get back into it..

Plus I really don't like going on my own..

In case I have a fall or something...

It is heating up big time and will get even hotter yet

Goody

Goody
No good mate hope your health improves so you can get back into prospecting. Im only half hour up the hwy so give me a shout when your up to it.