New Whites TDI Pro Video

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'this is really a nice machine' .....Yes....

lol Pretty much all anyone needs to know.... I've got one coming from a buddy in Canada, paid $950.

With any luck locally a new distributor in Victoria will pop up very soon increasing local pricing competition, I'm sure they will announce this to the public very soon, but it just made the tdi much more attractive to me. I'll be watching with interest at their price points when they are announced. :D

Have you heard something about another distributor Goldtarget or just speculating / hoping at this point?

Was told yesterday by the person who signed the contract. I'm sure it won't be long before the products will begin to be sold. This isa very recent development. Might be a week or two before some solid marketing comes through. I have no knowledge other than a deals been done, no furthers mate or I would tell you.

Goldtarget said:
With any luck locally a new distributor in Victoria will pop up very soon increasing local pricing competition, I'm sure they will announce this to the public very soon, but it just made the tdi much more attractive to me. I'll be watching with interest at their price points when they are announced. :D

Steve H from Whites USA confirmed to me the only whites
Distributor and service centre in Australia is Gold Search
Australia who are based in Dunolly.

All detectors sold can be tracked via the serial number.

If an agreement has been reached with Goldsearch thats
A different matter.

If detectors are imported through other whites dealers from
Other countries its something Whites may look into. In the
End though this is not possible unless the oz version is sold
To another country.

For the record Dean and his team at Dunolly do a Brilliant
Job. There service is superb and can tell you from
Experience your actual buying experience with them
Comes first and they are very flexible.

If detectors for gold prospecting become too cheap the
hobby will become Saturated with users. A cheaper
alternative is to look On the Auction site.

Hi Guys,

I can tell you that I have had a lot of experience buying detector related products from suppliers, and Gold Search Australia is one of the best. And I live in WA so pay extra for freight.

I don't know GSA well, but I do know Dean has just bought the shop, so maybe that is who Whites is signing a new deal with?

If Whites don't grab this little shop with 2 hands and keep them in business, they are doing themselves a huge disservice. I'm sure there would be other manufactures lining up to get GSA to sell their products.

GD

Interesting to read about a second dealer of Whites. Minelab (new detectors) most certainly have dealer areas - for example, Minelab at Maryborough/Bendigo etc but not at Dunolly - too close to the others I guess. Goldsearch have had the sole rights for years - Tony Mills used to own it (if you know Tony - one of the best prospectors in Oz). This will be interesting.

It concerns me the credibility of my claim may be questioned but rest assured I am only reporting what I was told directly by the party signing on. I did not discuss the particulars regarding the contract and intend to at a further date. I have no personal vested interest nor surety of such a claim in terms of particulars just sharing what was conveyed to me. Thus far I have no reason to question the proposed distributors integrity or word, hope that clears it up a little, I certainly didn't make comment to cause any controversy,nor was or is a reflection of the situation of Whites here to date.

I have just recently purchased 2 detectors from GSA over a number of months and I can tell you now that they will remain my whites dealer. Great service. Excellent advice. Nothing is a problem and if you happen to find one, they will help you out. Dean, the new owner of the shop is as proffesional and up front as you could want. When you have first calss service why would you move?

Agreed. In the last 3 years both the wife and I have purchased 6 detectors some of which we traded back in, we get a small discount on all the machines and they have been great over the years.
Now that Dean has taken over nothing has changed I'll also continue with my whites dealer if someone else tries to open in opposition as there isn't enough whites users or sales as it is, maybe Minelab but not whites.

Goldsearch Australia is up with the best small businesses I have ever dealt with. If there is a new dealer for White's they will have a high level of service to aspire to if they are to compete. I wouldn't expect big price differences as the prices will be dictated by Whites wholesale prices - if one starts to undercut the other too much they will probably find it hard to survive financially.

Goldtarget said:
It concerns me the credibility of my claim may be questioned but rest assured I am only reporting what I was told directly by the party signing on. I did not discuss the particulars regarding the contract and intend to at a further date. I have no personal vested interest nor surety of such a claim in terms of particulars just sharing what was conveyed to me. Thus far I have no reason to question the proposed distributors integrity or word, hope that clears it up a little, I certainly didn't make comment to cause any controversy,nor was or is a reflection of the situation of Whites here to date.

Here's an update as some time has passed and as embarrassed as I am to say this I most definitely overstated what I believed at the time to be a fact. I sincerely make an apology publicly to anyone who took me at me word, and any potential disharmony this may have caused any individual. Lesson learnt I will not report anything I have not 100% confirmed for myself. As for the matter at hand I wish not to discuss it further, others reputations may be unfairly judged, suffice to say it was wrong and incorrect of me to make the statements I made, and accept full and total culpability. I hope in some way this apology restores a little faith in the wider prospecting fraternity.

No worries Goldtarget there really wasn't any harm done on my end and iv just about done my spending up this year at the current whites dealer ' another would just confuse things...

Goldtarget said:
Goldtarget said:

Here's an update as some time has passed and as embarrassed as I am to say this I most definitely overstated what I believed at the time to be a fact. I sincerely make an apology publicly to anyone who took me at me word, and any potential disharmony this may have caused any individual. Lesson learnt I will not report anything I have not 100% confirmed for myself. As for the matter at hand I wish not to discuss it further, others reputations may be unfairly judged, suffice to say it was wrong and incorrect of me to make the statements I made, and accept full and total culpability. I hope in some way this apology restores a little faith in the wider prospecting fraternity.
No worries mate but you may not have been 100% incorrect.
I noticed in last month's GGT magazine (Aug 2014 page 55) that Gympie Gold in Qld are advertising as a Whites Authorised Dealer. Hadn't noticed that before & always thought Goldsearch was it in Australia. Good news for the Qlders interested in Whites products.

Latest posts