New Whites prices

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, i saw it a few days ago...wow.?? Could be the Aussie dollar maybe.?
While it lasts, at least the second hand prices of our Whites detectors should go up a little.
Im thinking i could sell my v3i for the price i payed for it...$1700 :D :D

Well there goes that
I won't be buying one now
Capitalism at its finest
The dollar has not changed that much
Lost sales will show them that

$1.10 to under 80 cents (27%) is a fairly big change Mudguts.

Having said that, my hearing aids were quoted at $8.8k for 2 here and only US$1.2 each in the USA.

Nuggetbuster said:
Thinking of selling the v3i?
The only time i'll think of selling the one i got....is when Whites or whoever brings one out able to do the same with PC programmable + some.

Garrett are also going up in prices too ,, its the dollar against the green back , but I like the gold prices going up

Probably is due to the dollar, but geez, can't see them selling too many detectors with that price hike. The other US brands haven't attracted such a vicious price hike to date - might be dependent on whether it is current stock or new stock.

The prices of all imported items incuding white's metal detectors and whites search coils have gone up in price due to a few factors, such as the dollar dropping and frieght company increasing there prices by 12% because of the dollar dropping.

I know it looks like the USD is trading at 0.79 cents AUD, but sadly there is no money exchange place thats going to trade at the advertised amount, instead most exchange rate companies will trade at 0.72 cents making a comission for themselves on the difference.

and, since we are a business we have to include GST, we pay two forms of GST, one on import + taxes and one when the item sells.

Yes, gold is going up and our dollar is going down..
In-turn, when the dollar starts going back up we will decrease the prices.

Certainly not good from an importers perspective, though still waiting to see some other imported brands go up as a result. I'm sure their websites will be amended in the near future.

Gold-Search-Australia said:
The prices of all imported items incuding white's metal detectors and whites search coils have gone up in price due to a few factors, such as the dollar dropping and frieght company increasing there prices by 12% because of the dollar dropping.

I know it looks like the USD is trading at 0.79 cents AUD, but sadly there is no money exchange place thats going to trade at the advertised amount, instead most exchange rate companies will trade at 0.72 cents making a comission for themselves on the difference.

and, since we are a business we have to include GST, we pay two forms of GST, one on import + taxes and one when the item sells.

Yes, gold is going up and our dollar is going down..
In-turn, when the dollar starts going back up we will decrease the prices.

Well You Guys have always been Fair in your Business Ethics, so thanks for that, As for the Cost of whites machines the Other choice is to buy A GPX at 6-7000 bucks, Or just give up detecting.

What Gold Search Australia have done over the years is Give People who are not down to their Last Million Bucks a chance to go Detecting for Gold without Breaking the Bank or Putting A Person in The Divorce Courts,

Yes I agree the price Hike Sucks But at leased we can all still go out and find ONE Nugget and pay for the Machine if the Great Yellow God is Smiling Upon us,

Thanks GS for being up front,,, john

Gold-Search-Australia said:

Don't forget your input credits.... Or is GSA double dipping? Based on past experience I didn't think GSA was that sort of company!

I'll happily support Whites in the future whatever the price. They make quality machines that do everything they are advertised to do.

Latest posts