New to the forum

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folk my name is Ron I have been reading the forum for quiet a while now, I joined the forum a few weeks ago when some one mention my picks, I have been prospecting for more years then I can remember may be 50 years, Detecting since1999, I have 2 detectors gp extreme up graded by woody and a 5000, both well paid for with some great finds, I hope maybe I can help some one somewhere, Leaving for Tibooburra on about 24 April,

Hi Ron,
I have a new F1A4 , I would like to get out there, I live in Tamworth &Nundle isn't too hot for gold,been out twice for nothing(old nails,b. tops &steel). Where do you stay &what vehicle do you have. I only have a Subaru forrester ,thinking of getting something better for prospecting. I googled how far it was from here last night.How long are you going out for.

P924 said:
Hi Ron,
I have a new F1A4 , I would like to get out there, I live in Tamworth &Nundle isn't too hot for gold,been out twice for nothing(old nails,b. tops &steel). Where do you stay &what vehicle do you have. I only have a Subaru forrester ,thinking of getting something better for prospecting. I googled how far it was from here last night.How long are you going out for.

Welcome to the forum Ron.

P924.....at the Nundle PA meet some of the guys found nuggets (saw a half grammer come out with my own eyes) so don't discount Nundle for producing. Get up to the area where the crystals come from and try a detect in the surrounding hills and gullies. If you work those areas long enough a nugget will pop up.

P924 said:
Hi Ron,
Hi foke, Thanks fore the welcome, Hi p924, There is still plenty gold in your area very hard to find in two outings can take years,If your detector is not quiet,gentle hum you wont hear it. I drive a Toyota landcruiser,ute dieasle 4.2liter turboed, with trailer and canipy I camp out were I work, I have bene to tibooburra many times in last 10 years, I work and camp on blackeys old place, mainly work new ground, I don't get the number of little pieces others do but I never come home without good gold, biggest 215gram back in 2005. I am trying to get away on or about 24april for 2 weeks if you wish to tailgate that be fine,, Ron

Latest posts