New prospector from Geelong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbaden

Daniel Baden
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking on this forum the last few days, its excellent!
So I figured I would sign up as I know many people have lots of advice to offer.

I'm huge into fishing, and have been wondering for 5 years what I can do when the weather and wind is bad....Prospecting!!

I bought a pan and shovel straight away, then built a sluice the next.

I've only been to Steiglitz once and found a small gold flake in the sluice!!

I'm hooked, looking forward to spending time here. :)

Daniel

Welcome Daniel, I hope you find the forum to be a valuable source of information. Please feel free to ask questions and participate in active topics.

Cheers,
Nugget

G'day Dan, welcome to the forum- if you're looking at the Steiglitz area don't forget to pay a visit to Morrisons - I've always found colour in my pan there not just the yellow stuff but small saphs blue & red(ruby). Also found some cuttable p. wood on the old mullock dumps - the gemmies often go there looking for some very nice chert which cabs up fantastic.

Take the pan whenever in the area and you'll be sure to see colour.

Hi Dan....Hopefully that flake of gold will soon turn into a jar full. Plenty of guys here that can point you in the right direction....just have to ask...Cheers Wal. :)

Gday dan IM from geelong maybe we will cross paths one day the morrisons area is a good spot for a look IM looking for a new spot to go as most of the creek are dry . IM no pro at this game but if you want any help let me know

Welcome aboard Dan.
Good bunch of folk here.
Grab a bevvie of choice & join in

Wow,
What a response!
Thanks for the advice regarding Steiglitz and Morrisons.

And littleazza, would be great to cross paths!

the duck said:
welcome dan from the town of big mulloway

Haha

Yeh I have tried for the big mulloway in the Barwon River. Lost everyone Ive hooked!

Latest posts