New Member from Tamworth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtol29

Gary
Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Gary from Tamworth
New to all this, just starting out.
Have been looking at post's in here and they are very informative, making everything a lot easier reading about what is required like state forest's permits and just how friendly everyone is.
Should be getting my Garrett AT Pro later this week so will be a few weekends just working it all out and getting use to it.
Is there a group / club in Tamworth I can contact / join?
Thanks
Gary

Welcome Gary and I hope you enjoy your new At Pro. If you need any advice about the Garrett just ask as there are plenty of members on our forum who'll have the answers.

Welcome to group therapy Gaz.

There's no cure for what we got but checking in on this forum a coupla times a day seems to ease the condition.

Enjoy the forum.

Cheers - Marty

Took the AT Pro out last weekend just around the ovals and down the river. Found lots of ring pulls bottle tops and a few 2& 5 cent pieces. Enjoyed myself and lot's to learn. Keep watching the dvd on settings etc and learning more and more.
The main thing is I am having fun ! :D ! ;)

Gary, without sounding aggressive just make sure you are carefull with digging your plugs and taking all rubbish away with you. Enough open holes and rubbish left on the ground in Tamworth already.

If you see someone not doing the right thing then pull em into line!

The AT is great I've found lots of coins on the Gold Coast beachs the last 3 weeks.ive taken it out west twice but no luck on the nuggets yet.cant wait to find one. :) I'm new like you and yes this site is great and lots to learn

Ben78 said:
Gary, without sounding aggressive just make sure you are carefull with digging your plugs and taking all rubbish away with you. Enough open holes and rubbish left on the ground in Tamworth already.

Hi Ben78 yes I am filling in my plugs and taking away any rubbish I unearth and also removing any other rubbish I see around where I can.
And yes if I see others not filling their plugs will sure ask them to do so

Cheers

Gary

Hi Coinman1983 wish the weekend was here already lol.
I to am looking forward to the yellow stuff (one day) got to crawl before you walk :cool:
Also looking forward to getting over to the coast and do a little bit of beach hunting to..
Cheers

Gary

gtol29 said:
Ben78 said:

Hi Ben78 yes I am filling in my plugs and taking away any rubbish I unearth and also removing any other rubbish I see around where I can.
And yes if I see others not filling their plugs will sure ask them to do so

Cheers

Gary
Glad you guys are keen to keep everything clean. It really gets up my nose when I go to the bush & find rubbish lying around! The more we look after our fossicking sites, the more likely we will be able to keep on doing it! Happy fossicking. Hope you get some good stuff. Cheers

Went up to the fossicking area near Uralla today and found a couple of nice finds.
1st was a 9ct gold ring in about 3" of water just out from the sandy beach area. and the 2nd was a $5 note laying in the grass when I picked up the AT-PRO (lol) also found a few small coins 10c and 5c.

1381317441_001.jpg
1381317457_006.jpg

That's a beauty mate. Congratulations on such an "early" great find. Guys can detect for years without finding something as rewarding as a gold ring, you've done well.

Latest posts