New member Ballarat Area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All ,
New member here my name is James and i am from the Ballarat Area .
recently lost my job so decided to start a new hobby and having the Goldfields right out the front door helps .

I hope to learn lots here and will do my best to make useful contributions to the Forum .

Cheers ,
James .

Did somebody say Ballarat(P305 ;) ),....Welcome to the forum Plushy,... first place to check is the left hand rear corner of your backyard(looking in from the road),.... go for it mate. :D

A few of us would like to get the sack it would sure free up sometime to get out and prospect . Smart move to take a interest in the area close by have you done any gold hunting before ?

Hi Guys ,
Thanks for the Warm welcome.
AussieFarmer haven`t done any gold hunting before but have a few mates that have and my wife`s Uncle has never worked a day in his life due to his fossicking provides him a very good income , so have a few sources for info . I have Jumped in the Deep end and Bought a GPZ and have been reading as much as i can on this and other forums to learn to read the ground to increase my chances .

Silver unfortunately i cant dig in the back left corner as i have 10 acres of Oaten hay growing there at the moment , but i can dig a couple of paddocks closer to the house which has some interesting ground with quartz and what i think is ironstone and what looks like old diggings . Once i get to Ten posts i will start a new thread with photos of the ground and the rocks around and in it .

Latest posts