New here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day to everyone
Where to start been intrested in detecting since the 80's use to go out with mates not a clue as to what we were doing.
Never had any luck as we didn't know what to look for.
haven't been out detecting in decades god I must be old.
Own a 95 xj jeep and love driving through the old gold field areas in Victoria, Live in Pascoe Vale Melbourne.
My wife loves going though the areas also mentioned I'd like to dust off my old detector and she said great and wants to go also.
Think I'll learn abit this time around about the areas I should look in. This forum look like the place to learn.
Read loamers information about detecting and aready have more of an idea than before.
Not sure what else to say , but thanks for a great forum.

regards hounddog

Welcome to the forum hounddog.

Sounds like the passion was always there, but as you've experienced, passion alone won't get you gold. By joining the forum, asking questions, and mingling with the members, your knowledge base will sky rocket and that elusive gold will start rattling in your jar.

Your very fortunate that the wife also is keen to join in, as this is a big bonus and will increase the enjoyment immensely. Best of luck with the hobby and look forward to sharing the adventure.

Cheers Wal.

thanks guys will read all the relevant infomation on the forum then head out.
Just getting everything organised and set up for day trips.

Hmmm. It looks like we have few things in common. We both live in Melbourne, like Jeeps and have a gold fever. :D Welcome to the forum mate and looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Latest posts