New Handle Design what do you think

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all I am designing a new handle for the GPX and the pictures are the prototype would like your thoughts on it before I start producing them and please be polite lol .PP
1620262550_new3.jpg
1620262572_new2_2.jpg
1620262598_new2_1.jpg

looks a lot stronger than the original plastic one ,one of which snapped off when i was just carrying it

Ive thought about the timber handles and a wonder if they are slippery with a bit of sweat on them or are they ok to hold. Its pretty hot during the day in The Palmer area even in winter. I like where the button is on yours.

Hi Pete, they look great.
I was a little dubious at first when you started selling the Solid Swinger as I couldn't imagine wood being more comfortable than foam but my mate bought one and raved about it, so when I held his detector and swung it around for 5 mins I was convinced.
The single best modification I made to my 4500 was putting your handle on it as it made so much difference when detecting for hours, the original foam handle would get sweaty and cause my hand to cramp but your wooden handle fixed that.

If this new handle is anything like the last design then it's a winner :Y:

Thanks Pete its the same design same wood same finish just upgraded with the button position for easier use ,dont get me started on ML handle ,My handle broke and I wasnt paying $138 for the same crap so I made my own, a couple of weeks later I was in a detector shop and the guy said where did you get your handle ? i said i made it then he asked if i Sold them i said well i can and the rest is history lol couple of thousand made and still going lol .Sorry cant make one for the 6000 lol. PP

kemjak57 said:
Ive thought about the timber handles and a wonder if they are slippery with a bit of sweat on them or are they ok to hold. Its pretty hot during the day in The Palmer area even in winter. I like where the button is on yours.
Yes I found it needed some grip so added a good quality wrap around tennis racket grip to mine. Great handles.
1620295386_20210506_1954371.jpg

Pete your original design works better for me, sometimes I move my hand so that my middle finger is where the index finger normally is and I think the new design wouldnt work for that. My index finger would be pressing the button when it shouldnt

Love the handle, my hand doesnt cramp up and I have better control of the detector

BrokeInBendigo said:
Pete your original design works better for me, sometimes I move my hand so that my middle finger is where the index finger normally is and I think the new design wouldnt work for that. My index finger would be pressing the button when it shouldnt

Love the handle, my hand doesnt cramp up and I have better control of the detector
Tried moving my fingers, thumb to see and I agree with your thoughts on the original. If I ever needed to replace id go original.

Thanks for the feed back its worth asking saves me making a load of them and have them sit around for ever lol .PP

Hi dihusky that wont be a problem send me a PM and let me know when you want them and what style you want .PP

Pirate pete said:
Thanks for the feed back its worth asking saves me making a load of them and have them sit around for ever lol .PP
Keep both styles on the menu mate and we'll all be smiling. I love my original with the rubber grip!
Great handles. :D

Latest posts