New Dog

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaros

In Remembrance Nov. 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As our Cocker Spaniel is nearing 13 and slowing down-just a bit and beginning tp have health niggles we have been informed by another dog owner who is taking care of their daughters Cocker that they will be putting onto the site Cocker Spaniel rescue.
Now I have been thinking of getting another pup for a while and this new dog is 5 yrs old also a male so I gave my wife the thumbs as as she was telling me that the daughter already has another dog and she is having a baby so can't take the time to care for the Cocker properly.
I jumped at the chance as everyone know our dog in East Brisbane and know how much we love him and dogs in general. My wife says that meeting me and converting her to a dog from cat person were the best things she ever did. Don't you love that!!.
I can't wait to see the new one -I'm all excited as the loss of Nelson will not be as heart wrenching as I become with the mateship they give you.

My GP has 2 Cockers and they are 17 atm. Still going strong he says. Nelson's had a few growths on one of his paws which might have to be removed if they start bleeding again. Loss of a faithful friend like our Boxer 7yrs old was so heartbreaking and sudden with a brain bleed that took about 4 yrs to get over.

Several years ago we were in the same position, an aged cocker ,14 years old, arthritic, couldn't/wouldn't run couldn't get up and down a couple of steps, so we got another cocker for us, not her , he made her play and run, 6 months later she could run up and down the steps, lost 3 kg's , and lived another 3 years, fell of her perch at 17.

1601523270_imag7324_1.jpg

Latest posts