New detectors and coils to hit the market for ATX and ace users

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how much the ATX coils will be? I see that they haven't been hinted at the cost in that PDF, probably because they know that it might dampen the enthusiasm!

Hopefully not, though!

Why would you want a closed in coil when the open ones privide ideal visual pinpointing properties ? ( just out of curiosity) :D

silver said:
Why would you want a closed in coil when the open ones privide ideal visual pinpointing properties ? ( just out of curiosity) :D

Probably due to gold prospectors wanting to spread dirt across the surface of the coil to pick out small nuggets, bit hard with an open frame coil unless you flip it over and use the bottom skid plate. Also if you run an open frame coil with a skid plate, it acts as catchment area for all sorts of vegetation, soil and rocks. I had the same issues on the beach with the Infinium coils and skid plates filling up with sand all the time, ends up becoming a dead weight on the end of the shaft unless it is constantly emptied. ;)

Thanks Gp,.. I see that need clearly now,... my skid plate is spiderlike same as the coil, so there is no sand issue with it.
cheers
Silver :D

I ended up cutting the flat garrett skid plate to suit the shape of the large infinium coils due to the sand issue. The previous owner neglected to use the supplied skid plate, hence one of the mono coils has now worn right through the resin covering the coil loop. :|

I'm needing a new coil cover for the Ace,... mines spliting on the bottom edges and will end up starting to fall off soon,... I would have taken it off a long time ago, but its stuck on with all the cr@p wedged in tight from since the day I got the Ace,.... works wonderfully for me and if the ingress is interfering with the signal at all I'm sure my steel cap boots are more than countering for it,.... I'm still scoring silver with it at any rate. :lol: :D

Hi Silver, I don't know about others but I'd like a closed in coil so that when I'm out in the bush with all those damn sticks around I don't get hooked up with them. A closed in coil will help me with the ability to relax a little, while swinging without the hassles of dragging half a bush out when I swing.

Latest posts