New Garrett Ace 200, 300, 400 confirmed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Garrett's facebook page has released photos of the all new Ace 400 destined to hit the market in the near future, and the Garrett US site has released a PDF outlining the new range and related features. Pricing looks to be in line with the current models.

International versions of all three models (denoted by the "i" in Ace 400i), will have differing software, TID legend, discrimination and tone breakpoints from the US version, as was the similar case with the EuroAce and ATPro international.

Probably the main disappointment with the new models in the glaring omission of ground balance controls, something I would have loved to see added.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/pdfs/Garrett_New_Products_2016.pdf

They'd a done well to include a backlight and volume control, along with cordless headphones as an option ,... just to the old ACE250 as it sat. ;)

I guess they didn't want to devalue the AT Pro by loading the Ace series up with too many features. In saying that, there are plenty of other options out there now that do include things like screen backlighting, ground balance control, and volume control, and at a cheaper price. Either way, the changes are welcome, I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes as usual. :)

Latest posts