New bridge for Oallen Forde NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bazza,
The major block below the camp ground.
I see a heap of lots well below the crossing and I will soak a bit of time with them inquiring. :) :)

bazza2210 said:
Tathradj said:
Nice one. :) :)
I was wondering about that.
Got a few more spots to visit now.
Might extend the up coming Tuena meetup by a couple of days if weather permits it. :D
Do not want to get stuck on the other side. :eek:
Just checked with the Land's department as well.
The land is under a Conservation status and managed by an Undisclosed Party.
You can traverse the land via the tracks but, No Camping, No prospecting and no fires.
Happy Now as I did look at that before. :D :D :D

Hi Doug,

I didn't ask this before but did the Conservation status apply to all lots associated with DP 1084848 and 1084849

Cheers

Barry

Tathradj said:
Nice one. :) :)
I was wondering about that.
Got a few more spots to visit now.
Might extend the up coming Tuena meetup by a couple of days if weather permits it. :D
Do not want to get stuck on the other side. :eek:
Just checked with the Land's department as well.
The land is under a Conservation status and managed by an Undisclosed Party.
You can traverse the land via the tracks but, No Camping, No prospecting and no fires.
Happy Now as I did look at that before. :D :D :D

Hey Doug

I note that the lot boundaries do not extend to the river. So, does the information you have for the Conservation Status mean that prospecting is not ok within the lots, but is OK down on the river?

Regards
Chris

Hi Chris,
That is correct. :)
The river is considered crown land.
You may traverse the lot to gain access to the river but in practicality,
That is all you are allowed to do. :D
Unless you want to walk around peering up at all the tree's falling in love with them LOL

I wonder how the new Oallen crossing bridge is coping, this height is on par with the height of the new bridge, as of 9.00am 26/8/2015 Nowra has had 389.8 mm of rain in 48hours.

Cheers Barry

1440544471_idn60234.070335.png

I would love to see any pics of what the bridge looks like with the current heavy rains.
Please post to this thread.
cheers
Jed

The Goulburn Mulwaree Council has put out this press release and photos of the Shoalhaven in flood at Oallen.

I read somewhere else that the flood is around 3 meters over the old crossing.

***MEDIA RELEASE***
Oallen Ford Bridge The right decision
The Goulburn Mulwaree Councils decision to redesign the Oallen Ford Bridge to a higher level was the right decision.
In recent days the Shoalhaven River has been subject to a substantial amount of rain, certainly in excess of a 1 in 20 year flood, however the bridge is still well above the flood levels.
General Manager, Warwick Bennett said Council quite rightly can be proud of its decision to increase the height of the Oallen Ford Bridge to well outside flood levels. The previous structure is well under the rising flood waters and the photos captured this morning show clearly that once the bridge is complete the road across the Shoalhaven River will remain open even after three days of heavy rain.
MEDIA INTERVIEWS: Please contact Goulburn Mulwaree Councils General Manager Warwick Bennett on 4823 4486.

1440587221_oallen_flood_4.jpg

1440587254_oallen_flood_1.jpg

1440588142_oallen_flood_2.jpg

bazza2210 said:
I wonder how the new Oallen crossing bridge is coping, this height is on par with the height of the new bridge, as of 9.00am 26/8/2015 Nowra has had 389.8 mm of rain in 48hours.

Cheers Barry

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1112/1440544471_idn60234.070335.png

IDN60234.070335.png

Wow, 4+ meter rise in less than 18 hours! Now that's a lot of water, just think of all that new flood gold it has deposited for us, if we can gain access that is.

I prospected in the Mongarlowe last Friday and the level was as per normal about 0.9 meters.
I just had a look and its up over 2.0 meters.
I wonder what it was like yesterday, unfortunately Mongarlowe doesn't have a plot like the Shoalhaven.

As DrDuck has observed, The bridge is high enough to drive under to gain access to the Eastern side.
You would have to be quick to get out on a major rise. There is a rather thick heavy cable blocking access
to the southern side if you got stuck but mind you, If in doubt, Cut the bloody thing then own up to it.
I have not sighted the clamping side that they have used so, Use caution.
Besides, If it has been pi55ing down rain,,, Why are you there in the first place and finally.
Digging out around the pylons would not be conclusive to a favorable out come if you were caught.