My sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, not sure why it is jamming up like that, maybe need more angle on the dangle.. did you pull any gold out?

Cheers, Tone

Sure do mate. On a regular basis :)
I have run 60litres of cons through it as a test and the loss is microns.
If any sluice is losing gold more than halw way through then in my humble opinion its not worth having :)
It is a prototype and should be upgraded to a deeper alloy sheet sluice body real soon :)

I can second that, ive sen this sluice in action the concentration is very effective good light weight unit

She's in the water too deep me thinks cuz.

Looks good tho. Keep tweaking it

As Ag Man said, think she's to deep in the water loosing all you water velocity you shouldn't have water running out over the sides anywhere mate.

If you have it set a bit shallower and on a bit more of an angle your feed rate will increase substantially. More material more gold :D

You should also be able to feed slightly bigger material through in the quarter inch range saving more time. Also feed it up a bit higher near the top of the flare get the liquefaction happening ;). Good looking sluice bit of tuning and you'll be cleaning up ;)

Hope this helps you get more yellow

1377905332_dscf7206.jpg

1377905372_dscf7207.jpg

Cheers

Col

P.s I also like to try set mine so I have a roosterish tail/V wavey thingy where the water starts it run down into the sluice.

Its just a throw together and a test to say you can use
Anything as material goes.
Youd have to see it in action i guess.
Like i mentioned tho, ill be getting another body bent soon
And a flared inlet for it.
It works, thats the word. :)

Latest posts