My Sdc set up opinions please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yellowmellow said:
my external speaker already has a booster built in i dont need another booster like sp01 as this would over load the detector due to taking on too much input feedback.
The sP01 wont overload the detector, maybe just your amplified speaker, & it isnt just another booster.
The sP01 has signal filters to enhance the signal/sound you hear. Coupled with good headphones or un-amplified speaker it is a very good unit to have.

yellowmellow said:
my external speaker already has a booster built in i dont need another booster like sp01 as this would over load the detector due to taking on too much input feedback.

Personally, id be scrapping the speaker setup and just using the headphones. Getting the signal response as close to your ear with minimal distractions from external noises will help you pick up those soft changes in the threshold better

Most of the guys that i know who use a SDC, use headphones and cover KNOWN gold-bearing ground very slowly.

They listen out for the very faint changes in the threshold. These guys usually come home with gold as they are doing things differently to the majority of other detectorists.

There's good 9v batteries on ebay from a company called etinesan, if you use a lot get rechargeable ones. I've had some for years and they are still going strong.

About $80 from miners den, for the same u got with it I think.
I think a lot of people would understand detectors at first easier by learning how to drive a say a VLF detector analogue detector like the gold bug2 !
Manual ground balancing / threshold and sensitivity.
Bit like not knowing how to weld, and wanting to start on a tig welder!

Latest posts