My Sdc set up opinions please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please I need opinions Sdc set up Im using an adapter lead from steel phase to use external speaker and regular headphones please let me know of your opinions please

This is the recommended basic set-up from your handbook.
Follow the experts.

1593405810_2300_set_up.jpg

yellowmellow said:
Please I need opinions Sdc set up Im using an adapter lead from steel phase to use external speaker and regular headphones please let me know of your opinions please
Tim there's nothing wrong with the basic set up you have.
Don't worry about too many add-ons at the moment just get used to the SDC first. Do you have some subgram gold to test your set up & adjust things to suit you? Spend some time listening to the target response from different heights & what to listen for right on the edge of detection i.e. subtle responses or change to threshold where targets are deeper.
I'd recommend using the headphones over an external speaker. It may help you to concentrate more & get used to the sometimes subtle target responses you need to listen for.

Don't worry about enhancers/boosters, wireless set ups, fancy headphones etc. at this stage mate.

Mellow, I'm also confused.

Largely by what info or opinions you are after...

Are you asking about the hardware you have, hardware you might get, or settings?

To get the right answer, you need to ask the right question. :)

Haha this is like all your evo coil threads, just have confidence in your detector, you already had a great detector in the 4500 with evo coil, the sdc will find small gold if your in the right areas regardless of what headphones or booster you have :)

yellowmellow said:
need advice
Something I should have mentioned first up.
If you haven't got a control box cover get one.
You really need to tidy up the adapter cable & speaker cable. Tether the adapter cable so it can't move! Tuck the cables into your control box cover.
As per Nenad (Phasetechnical)
1593421078_fixed-mounting1.jpg

"The adaptor lead isnt designed to be an extension cable, so must be fixed in place either under your arm rest, or secured onto your control box cover using zip ties see the image. If the wire doesnt move, it cant break."
http://phasetechnical.com.au/getting-best-sdc2300/

please the photo of the speaker is the link i need to know if anyone has seen this speaker before and do i have to have some sort of booster amplerfyer with it please let me know thanks tim yellowmellow

Latest posts