My Prize has arrived..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambling rude

Rudy J
Reaction score
1369092923_img_0351-optimized.jpg

Thanks Nugget for sending me my monthly prize..The Lortone Tumbler.
It looks as though I have another new hobby to keep me busy.

Could anyone tell me were I could pick up the polishing medium, from the melbourne area?

Thanks again nugget..

Cheers Rambling Rude. :)

G'day RR,

We get most of our supplies from one of the following 3 (depends on the price)

Shell Lap Supplies P/L
Gemcuts Lapidary Supplies
Aussie Sapphires

For general stones we start with 80 grit Silicon carbide, then go to 220 grit, followed with 600 grit silicon carbide as the pre polish. We do our final polish with Tin oxide. Hope this helps.

Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's a great forum to learn new things and have a crack..
Thanks for the tips Wal and Shivan I will be looking your recommendations up and and our site sponsor
As well..

Will let you know how the rock tumbling goes.

Regards Rude

I thought about getting into this rock tumbling business, my youngest boy is always picking up little rocks etc when we are out at the creek.
Might invest in one.
Well done in winning one.
Cheers
Brad

I'm glad you are happy with your prize RR :D, hopefully you get plenty of use out of it.

Thanks Nugget, I must admit gems and colored stones were the last thing I would be looking for while panning.
I have been checking out the gems and lapidary pages and learning much more than I expected too.
There are some fantastic looking gems on these pages.
I think my prospecting hobby has a new fork in the road so to speak...

Regards RR

Latest posts